Buying Z-wave In The UK

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has found any places in the UK where you can buy Z-Wave I know there are a few websites out there, but everything seems to be so expensive compared to the USA, and nowhere seems to have any sales on. We don’t seem to have any big stores like b&q stocking them (I like to go into a store and have a good look at things first) if you know what I mean.

I’ve never seen it on the shelves anywhere (although I haven’t actively searched for it.) I know what you mean about seeing and handling it, but I’ve found the folks at Vesternet (I have no connection with them) to be fantastically helpful, and they certainly will take returns if it’s not what you want.

Can’t do much about UK prices, sadly!

I cant recommend anyone else but Vesternet.

I am the same as you… I like to have a good look at it… But I have found that the guys in Vesternet know their stuff inside out… they have never come up short for me…
They have the most helpful friendly staff who will talk all day… (literally) about home automation…

I think they are very reasonably priced. Yes, you can get it cheaper in the states… but we will ALWAYS have this problem… there 200+ million people there… UK/Ireland have 60+ Million…

I find that the prices on Vesternet are usually less or the same as everywhere but if you have a problem… they fix it for you…

[quote=“krisstoff, post:1, topic:186016”]Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has found any places in the UK where you can buy Z-Wave I know there are a few websites out there, but everything seems to be so expensive compared to the USA, and nowhere seems to have any sales on. We don’t seem to have any big stores like b&q stocking them (I like to go into a store and have a good look at things first) if you know what I mean.[/quote]

Hi Kristoff,

I can certainly confirm Vesternet (www.vesternet.com) as being absolutely fantastic and have bought everything from them. One of there Tech Staff is also on the forums here as well and they have numerous tutorials.

If you are unsure, have a look at their feedback and also have a chat with them.

Regards,

Mike

Also, beware of buying ZWave kit from the USA - they use a different frequency…

Make it easy on yourself, buy from Vesternet.

Pat

Thanks guys,

I have had a look they seem to be all about customer service (which is great when you are just starting out). A prime example today, my Postie has just been and brought me a Fibaro smoke alarm, and it’s tiny! Not that that’s a bad thing at all even though I read the dimensions I had pictured it to be a lot bigger! Which I would know if I had seen one in person before hand!.

Must agree so far Vesternet have been great with helping me and supplying my stuff my only gripe which isn’t against Vesternet is that the range of Z-wave stuff available in UK is minimal compared to the States

I understand the demand is greater over there but surely some of that stuff would be useful to sell over here i.e. Fortrezz SSA2USR Siren Strobe Alarm Wireless Z-wave Red or Clear Lense, First Alert Z-Wave Combination Photoelectric Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm to name two products I want but not sure if these are purely States frequency or if a EU version exists?