"Button List" Status Icon State Change

I’m trying to create a button on my VeraMate home screen which would show the status at a glance of all my door and window sensors. I created the button list and added in all my door and window sensors, but the button is not behaving as I would have expected. I gave the button the following icons: “Inactive” shows a green icon, “Active” shows a red icon. When a door or window sensor is tripped, it shows the appropriate display within the button list, but the icon on the button itself doesn’t change to red. Ideally I would like the state change of a single sensor within the button list to show a state change in the button icon, which would tell me that at least one sensor in the house has been tripped, and I can then open the button list to see exactly what sensor(s) that is. Is that possible to do here??

What I did was use a virtual switch that is turned on when a sensor trips, and turns off when not tripped, whether armed or disarmed. That switch displays in VeraMate only when on. In that way, if all sensors are not tripped, you have a clear screen.

This looks like a bug where these devices aren’t supported to change the button list icon… I’ll look to getting this fixed.

In the meantime, Don’s is a good workaround.

I’m having the same issue. Any updates?

Not yet sorry - but this will hopefully make it in the next release very soon.

VeraMate: When I had updated to the latest software version of the app (11.7.1.1) just a few days ago, I noticed a change in my “sensor status” button that I made. It now shows up as red which I used when one of the multiple sensors I placed in the button would be tripped, and it shows a numerical “1” on it which to me would indicate that one of the sensors would be tripped, if the button were functioning as I would hope. However, this status never changes whether or not any sensor is tripped.

Was anything updated in this regards to try to get it to work in the new 11.7.1.1 update? I’m just curious because this change in button state only occurred after I updated to the latest version of the app and I hadn’t seen this change before.

Have you tried deleting the icon and adding it back in? It sometimes fixes things.