Bridging 2 Veras or using Zwave+ another protocol

Hi.
I have Veralite EU version which controls some of my modules. I’ve been looking for a descent door lock and other sensors and found a difference in price from the US version and the EU version and in addition, more products to the US version. So I was wondering to bridge US vera and EU vera to cover both freq. and have battery-powered devices on the US ver. and electrical powered on the EU version. While searching for products, I found that there are new manufacturers that claims to control Zwave,Wifi,X10 products and I was wondering whether this is a better solution if I am already planning to change the setup. In such case, less expensive modules are available (X10 and Wifi) and more flexibility.

Any suggestions?

Sagi

[quote=“sagi4422, post:1, topic:186288”]Hi.
I have Veralite EU version which controls some of my modules. I’ve been looking for a descent door lock and other sensors and found a difference in price from the US version and the EU version and in addition, more products to the US version. So I was wondering to bridge US vera and EU vera to cover both freq. and have battery-powered devices on the US ver. and electrical powered on the EU version. While searching for products, I found that there are new manufacturers that claims to control Zwave,Wifi,X10 products and I was wondering whether this is a better solution if I am already planning to change the setup. In such case, less expensive modules are available (X10 and Wifi) and more flexibility.

Any suggestions?

Sagi[/quote]

Sagi, Lets start with bridging, yes you can bridge US and EU controllers together. Currently this is not with the VeraEdge but we are working on getting that resolved.

As to your other question, we control lots of devices through WiFi, always have. X10, not sure why you would want to go backwards to X-10 if you don’t already have it. Powerline control performance can be severely degraded when using surge suppressors and AC line. If you already have X-10 devices they can be added and controlled by Vera; you will need an Insteon UDB Powerline Modem to access and control X-10 devices.

[quote=“Marc Shenker, post:2, topic:186288”][quote=“sagi4422, post:1, topic:186288”]Hi.

Any suggestions?

Sagi[/quote]

Sagi, Lets start with bridging, yes you can bridge US and EU controllers together. Currently this is not with the VeraEdge but we are working on getting that resolved.

As to your other question, we control lots of devices through WiFi, always have. X10, not sure why you would want to go backwards to X-10 if you don’t already have it. Powerline control performance can be severely degraded when using surge suppressors and AC line. If you already have X-10 devices they can be added and controlled by Vera; you will need an Insteon UDB Powerline Modem to access and control X-10 devices.[/quote]

Is it possible to do the bridging with 2xVeraLite?

Absolutely! No problem.

Email me if you need any assistance.

Am I right in assuming that you mean “yes, if they are connected by a VPN and reside in their respective countries.” Because, surely, they both have different Z-wave frequencies and are NOT licensed to work in both countries.

Am I right in assuming that you mean “yes, if they are connected by a VPN and reside in their respective countries.” Because, surely, they both have different Z-wave frequencies and are NOT licensed to work in both countries.[/quote]

akbooer, no, although I/we do not recommend or condone using a device with a radio in a country in which it is not intended, a US Veralite and a EU VeraLite on the same network can be bridged together.

^^^
I’m shocked that you would suggest this.
Not only is it illegal, but raises safety issues.

There is a very good reason why different countries use different frequencies.

Dude relax! He just said that it is technically possible. Meaning the software would allow for bridging them. Did you miss the part where he said he wouldn’t recommend or condone?