Bought a new home with VeraLite already installed...

but when i register myself it shows my device as still being registered to the previous owner of the house. How do i get this reset so i can use it? it was part of the purhase agreement that i would get to keep the system.

Thanks!

You will probably have to contact customer support to disconnect it from the previous account.

If it’s on UI5 … upgrading to UI7 will require a NEW account … and the old account will no longer work. This you can do yourself, and the old account will be useless. However UI7 has a few bugs in it at this time …

[quote=“slapoin, post:1, topic:185021”]but when i register myself it shows my device as still being registered to the previous owner of the house. How do i get this reset so i can use it? it was part of the purhase agreement that i would get to keep the system.

Thanks![/quote]

When I bought a vera used online I had to contact vera support to get them to release it from the old owner. I sent them an email with a picture of the back of the unit (serial tag) and that was enough proof that it was in my possession to get them to do it. I guess they don’t want me calling in with your serial number and taking over a VERA that’s not actually mine. So as long has you have enough info I guess your good to go.

PS. can you send me your serial number? ;D

I upgraded to MI7 and it worked! thanks!

@slapoin - In previous posts we have discussed the impact that a home automation system like Vera might have on a home buyer’s decision.

Was this system installed by the builder, or was it a previous owner’s system?
Did this system influence your decision in any way?
If it did, was it a positive or a negative influence?
To your knowledge did this system affect the price of the home?

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:5, topic:185021”]@slapoin - In previous posts we have discussed the impact that a home automation system like Vera might have on a home buyer’s decision.

Was this system installed by the builder, or was it a previous owner’s system?
Did this system influence your decision in any way?
If it did, was it a positive or a negative influence?
To your knowledge did this system affect the price of the home?[/quote]

Good questions! Also interested.

Follow up now that your on UI7 did the price just drop? LOL ;D

LOL. Hopefully he’s not upside down because of it.

When he flushes the toilet all the lights go out now.

Ahahaha, poor guy just got it. We shouldn’t give away all the secrets on his first 2 posts.

Rough crowd. I will add my two cents. Get ui7 off of there quick.