Blue Iris "Not Connected"

I have my cameras working on the camera manufacture app (Wansview) and on Blue Iris, but I followed the simple instructions of changing the name of the camera and using the Blue Iris ip:port for the url and my cameras show up as “Not Connected”. I’m sure its easy fix, but I can’t find it. All the search results I find are related to control and not connecting. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Try the following things and report back.

In the Camera Settings under Advanced:

The ip address and port needs to be that for Blue Iris. This port needs to be open in your router.

The login credentials are those for Blue Iris.

In the Extra Parameters under Advanced:

Parameters: Camera ID is the Device ID number created by the plugin.

Variables:
URL: /image/Cam1?q=80&s=80&time=now
DirectStreamingURL: /mjpg/Cam1/video.mjpg

Still getting “not connected” … this is my setup …

Its exactly what Sammy said. In VERA you need to point the camera IP address to the IP address and port of your blue iris server… IE 192.168.1.100:80

In my case, “192.168.1.100:80” shows a composite of all 4 cameras, very nice when glancing at Veramate on my phone.

Using the DVR plugin, you append the ip address with the individual camera names and you can get individual cameras feeds, assigned to a room, for instance. You can also have Vera arm Blue Iris and have Blue Iris report movement to Vera.

It works well, it is a little complicated, but the “how-to” manual is within this forum but it has been too many years now for me to remember all the steps.

Something I noticed from your pics, you need to change camera name to the Blue Iris camera short name. Add the username and password of Blue Iris as the credentials. You may need to do this and save it several times to get it to stick.

I added 3 Amcrests and 1 Wansview a couple days ago and the Wansview was finicky.

I also updated the URL from URL: /image/index?q=80&s=80&time=now to URL: /image/? Just replace with your camera’s short name.

I’ve done all that, deleted and added the cameras multiple times, restarted the computer, restarted VeraEdge, is there something that my newbie self would need to do on the router side?

If you haven’t already, make sure to assign a static IP to the camera and also Blue Iris.

Which Wansview are you using? I can see if it is the same as mine and compare the settings tonight.

I am using the Wansview K2 camera and still can’t get them work … do I need to set the cameras static ip on the router side or on blue iris, my newbie eyes not seeing the setting?

[quote=“elvincent”]I am using the Wansview K2 camera and still can’t get them work … do I need to set the cameras static ip on the router side or on blue iris, my newbie eyes not seeing the setting?[/quote]You will want to setup the static IP on the router. I recommend doing that for all wireless and wired cameras.

I have a Wansview W2. I’ll have to check my Blue Iris settings to see how it is setup. I may have used the K2 recommended settings.

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

I did check and I do have mine setup like it is a K2. There are several models using the same setup.

Another thing I forgot to note, you’ll want to assign a static IP for Blue Iris in your router, too.

Go to the Camera
Click “Settings”
Click “Advanced”
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen
Click “Extra Parameters”
Click “Variables”

Put the Camera Number of the specific camera that is used in Blue Iris in where it says “index” in the places shown in the attached screen grab.

Sometimes you have to run through this a few times for each camera before it “sticks”. Once it “sticks” it will just continue to work.

Do this for each camera in Blue Iris after creating a new camera in the app / plugin.

Note: Index is the composite of all cameras.

I assume you have Blue Iris working??

You need to set a specific Port for Blue Iris then you need to open that port in your router.

You need to set a specific port for each camera then you need to open that port up in your router.

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:5, topic:197168”]In my case, “192.168.1.100:80” shows a composite of all 4 cameras, very nice when glancing at Veramate on my phone.

Using the DVR plugin, you append the ip address with the individual camera names and you can get individual cameras feeds, assigned to a room, for instance. You can also have Vera arm Blue Iris and have Blue Iris report movement to Vera.

It works well, it is a little complicated, but the “how-to” manual is within this forum but it has been too many years now for me to remember all the steps.[/quote]

I didn’t know this. How? Thanks.

I?m interested too.

To arm/disarm Blue Iris, I created an arm and disarm scene using the following luup:
luup.inet.wget(“http://BLUE_IRIS_IP:81/admin?profile=#&lock=2&user=USER&pw=PASSWORD”)
where: BLUE_IRIS_IP:81 is your Blue Iris IP address and I have mine using port 81
# is the profile number you set up to record motion. 0 is no profile enabled, 1 is what I used to record 24/7
USER and PASSWORD are your Blue Iris credentials

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:16, topic:197168”]To arm/disarm Blue Iris, I created an arm and disarm scene using the following luup:
luup.inet.wget(“http://BLUE_IRIS_IP:81/admin?profile=#&lock=2&user=USER&pw=PASSWORD”)
where: BLUE_IRIS_IP:81 is your Blue Iris IP address and I have mine using port 81
# is the profile number you set up to record motion. 0 is no profile enabled, 1 is what I used to record 24/7
USER and PASSWORD are your Blue Iris credentials[/quote]

So it is one line of code:

luup.inet.wget("http://BLUE_IRIS_IP:81/admin?profile=#&lock=2&user=USER&pw=PASSWORD")

Where do you put it? Under the device state you want to trigger Blue Iris to record?

Did you ever get it to work?

[quote=“Sammy2, post:17, topic:197168”][quote=“Don Phillips, post:16, topic:197168”]To arm/disarm Blue Iris, I created an arm and disarm scene using the following luup:

luup.inet.wget("http://BLUE_IRIS_IP:81/admin?profile=#&lock=2&user=USER&pw=PASSWORD")

Where do you put it? Under the device state you want to trigger Blue Iris to record?[/quote]

I created 2 scenes - one to arm (profile=1), and to disarm (profile=0). It also sets an a virtual switch when armed. The arm scene is triggered by Away, Night, and Vacation modes. Disarm by Home mode.

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:19, topic:197168”][quote=“Sammy2, post:17, topic:197168”][quote=“Don Phillips, post:16, topic:197168”]To arm/disarm Blue Iris, I created an arm and disarm scene using the following luup:

Where do you put it? Under the device state you want to trigger Blue Iris to record?[/quote]

I created 2 scenes - one to arm (profile=1), and to disarm (profile=0). It also sets an a virtual switch when armed. The arm scene is triggered by Away, Night, and Vacation modes. Disarm by Home mode.[/quote]

I’m probably just dense… A screen shot of this would help but the scene is if the motion detector is triggered then run the lua code above and that is it? How does one set up a virtual switch?

Thanks!