Blinking Christmas tree

Happy Christmas!

local device  = 16834
local counter = 10
local delay   = 3

function tree_on()

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="1" },device)

luup.call_delay( 'tree_off', delay ) 

end

function tree_off()

counter = counter-1

if counter > 0 
  then 

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },device)

luup.call_delay( 'tree_on', delay ) 

end

end

tree_off()

Here’s a version based on Ap15e’s that lets you blink multiple lights - and puts them back to their original status after the counter reaches its max.

--Enter the device ID's here in the array with your device id's
local array_lights = {1,2,3}
local original_status={}
local counter = 10
local delay   = 3

function set_switch(device,value)
	luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue=value },device)
end

function tree_on()
	for i, device in ipairs(array_lights) do
		set_switch(device,"1")
	end
end

function tree_off()
	counter = counter-1

if counter > 0 then
				set_switch(device,"0")
		end

else

--Set to original status
				set_switch(device,original_status[i])
		end

end

end

--Save Original status
		original_status[i] = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","Status", device)
end

tree_off()

Does the syntax in this code work in UI5?

I tried this out with my dimmable light (device Id: 3) and the server just tells me there’s a LUA error.

Or am I not entering it correctly?

I tried at first just creating a new scene and pasting the code in with “3” instead of the “16834” and then tried by creating the scene, clicking the device to go to 100%, and then pasting the code in.

What I am I doing wrong?

anybody?

im waiting on this 6 outlet controllable device , when i get it finally (back-orderded and need te be made first at plant etc) i write something for this to control 6 lights or so… i have nothing to test code on so it need to wait :frowning:
if anyone is bored , he could write a piece to make us happy.
lemme see…

-- set device <id> of dimmer here without < >
local device =<the device-id of the dimmer>
local counter=10
local delay=3
local mindim=0
local maxdim=100

function tree_on()

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1","SetLoadlevelTarget",{ newLoadlevelTarget=maxdim },device)

end

function tree_off()

counter = counter-1

if counter > 0 
  then 

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1","SetLoadlevelTarget",{ newLoadlevelTarget=mindim },device)

end

end

tree_off()

It (i.e. the code from @mysticjay’s post) appears to work for me (Vera 2 and Vera 3, UI5; appliance module and dimmer).

could you test mine ? i got no dimmer device to test it on lol

You may want to update with MCV’s creative argument naming ([tt]newLoadlevelTarget[/tt]).
And perhaps provide a description in the post of what this code does differently (compared to @Ap15e and @mysticjay).

You may want to update with MCV’s creative argument naming ([tt]newLoadlevelTarget[/tt]).
And perhaps provide a description in the post of what this code does differently (compared to @Ap15e and @mysticjay).[/quote]
im not sure what u mean by the creative argument naming ?
description is it does same as Ap15e version but this one sets loadlevel for dimmers… thought it might be nice add-on. the ultimate plan was to make it blink like a star.

Your code contains: [tt]newLoadLevelTarget[/tt]
Vera listens to: [tt]newLoadlevelTarget[/tt]

aight… i see the capitalize is the problem thnx ;D
fixed post

-- code for dimmer to make it a automated blinking christmas tree light.
-- set device <id> of dimmer here without < >
local device =<the device-id of the dimmer>
local counter=10
local delay=3
local mindim=0
local maxdim=100

function tree_on()

for i,maxdim
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1","SetLoadlevelTarget",{ newLoadlevelTarget=i },device)
end

end

function tree_off()

counter = counter-1

if counter > 0 
   then 

for i,mindim,-1
   luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1","SetLoadlevelTarget",{ newLoadlevelTarget=i },device)
end
  end
end
tree_off()

and this ?

Haven’t tested it, but note that dimmers typically ramp up/down to the target level autonomously, rather than having to create a Z-Wave storm with unknown timing to do that. So depending on the settings of the dimmer, there is a minimum value for the [tt]delay[/tt] parameter.

In other words: your initial code creates the pulsar you were looking for, if dimensioned correctly.

Probably time for you to order that dimmer. :slight_smile:

[quote=“oTi@, post:13, topic:167189”]Haven’t tested it, but note that dimmers typically ramp up/down to the target level autonomously, rather than having to create a Z-Wave storm with unknown timing to do that. So depending on the settings of the dimmer, there is a minimum value for the [tt]delay[/tt] parameter.
In other words: your initial code creates the pulsar you were looking for, if dimensioned correctly.
Probably time for you to order that dimmer. :)[/quote]
lol
ima getting it next month probably, when i have figured out what i want … i just need a good reason to buy the aeon dimmer with energy-measuring… somehow it seems useless to have measurement on the device as it uses 16 watts or 0 and i can type that in the vera. on the other hand there only 5 € more expensive then this fibaro which on its turn probably fits better in my ceiling box. i could also put a raiser between the existing switch… i dont wanna rush things and find out it lacks functionality…
also figured according to what you say about the timing… it must be very hard to get this in reality on the right pace, since its structural design isnt really capable and furthermore the dimmer itself can have a ramp like u say. hence testing irl is required :slight_smile:

-- code for multiple dimmers to make a top-notch christmas tree
--Enter the device ID's here in the array with your device id's
local array_dimmers={2,3,4}
local original_status={}
local counter = 10
local delay   = 3
local dimmin=0
local dimmax=100
function set_switch(device)
for i,dimmin do
end
for i,dimmax,-1 dimmax do
end
end

function tree_on()
      set_switch(device)
   end
end

function tree_off()
   counter = counter-1

if counter > 0 then
            set_switch(device,"0")
      end
   else
   --Set to original status
      end
  end
end
--Save Original status
      original_status[i] = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1","SetLoadlevelTarget",{ newLoadlevelTarget=status },device)
end
tree_off()

how bout this lol

It (i.e. the code from @mysticjay’s post) appears to work for me (Vera 2 and Vera 3, UI5; appliance module and dimmer).[/quote]

Ok, I got both to run - didn’t realize you had to set levels for the devices as well as adding the Lua.

Is that necessary with sensors too? I don’t own any yet, but curious how that would work…

It (i.e. the code from @mysticjay’s post) appears to work for me (Vera 2 and Vera 3, UI5; appliance module and dimmer).[/quote]

Ok, I got both to run - didn’t realize you had to set levels for the devices as well as adding the Lua.

Is that necessary with sensors too? I don’t own any yet, but curious how that would work…[/quote]
you could set actions for the devices this way yes

Cool man, thanks.

Just ordered the touchscreen doorlock, a thermostat and a set of door sensors. Will be having some fun playing around when it gets here in a week :slight_smile:

[quote=“Da_JoJo, post:15, topic:167189”][code]
– code for multiple dimmers to make a top-notch christmas tree
–Enter the device ID’s here in the array with your device id’s
local array_dimmers={2,3,4}
local original_status={}
local counter = 10
local delay = 3
local dimmin=0
local dimmax=100
function set_switch(device)
for i,dimmin do
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1”,“SetLoadlevelTarget”,{ newLoadlevelTarget=i },device)
end
for i,dimmax,-1 dimmax do
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1”,“SetLoadlevelTarget”,{ newLoadlevelTarget=i },device)
end
end

function tree_on()
set_switch(device)
end
luup.call_delay( ‘tree_off’, delay )
end

function tree_off()
counter = counter-1

if counter > 0 then
set_switch(device,“0”)
end
luup.call_delay( ‘tree_on’, delay )
else
–Set to original status
end
end
end
–Save Original status
original_status[i] = luup.variable_get(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1”,“SetLoadlevelTarget”,{ newLoadlevelTarget=status },device)
end
tree_off()
[/code]
how bout this lol[/quote]

This code returns a LUUP code error for me. I am using the US version of vera3 with the latest firmware…
Just trying to get ready for christmas…LOL
Can anyone spot syntax error?

replace : local array_dimmers=
with : local array_lights=

sorry for the late response :wink:
didnt see that one as the programming language gimme headaches sometime
feel free to ask if it still gives errors so it can be fixed :slight_smile: