Blaster UEISetupCodes

I’m trying to retrieve a devices key codes out of my saved Boxnet file for my Blaster. All I see is <UEISetupCode=“0775”> . This is for an old Dish Satellite Receiver.
Anyone know how I might get the individual codes out of this ?

I’m wanting to send a pronto code from a scene to turn off my old receiver.

Thanks for any help you might have…

You’ll need to post the associated [tt]devnnnnnnnnnn.xml[/tt] file. This is the one that’ll contain the keyCode info needed.

“post the associated devnnnnnnnnnn.xml file”

Thanks @guessed,

Are you saying to post the file here as an attachment ?

Either as an attachment, or as a link to the file on some service (like Box or whatever). I’d need to see the inside of the file to see what the commands look like.

UEI codes are “references” into the internal Chip that handles the built-in IR stuff, so we’d need to see what was chosen for your specific Satellite system.

Ok, here it is. I appreciate the help.

For UEI codes, the format to send to SQRemote is as follows:
[tt] “U” <ir_data>[/tt]

So, for a line in the XML line like:

The corresponding code to send will be:
[tt] US07752[/tt]

Since this uses the internal chip within the SQBlaster, it’ll be the cleanest/purest form of IR code you could give to the device.

@guessed,

I think I understand it now. So the “2” in US07752 is the to select which command to send. I just tried it and it works great!

Many thanks for the info…
You made my day!

One more question if I may trouble you again. In the Pronto Code field, I would enter .
This would issue an “ON” command and works good. Is there a way to insert a label somewhere in the Pronto Code field so I know what command is being sent? Maybe like <US07752{Dish ON}> ?
It appears that doing this causes no problems and everything works but I’m no expert.

It’s not intended for that. No idea what the SQBlaster will do now, or with some future patch, since it’s not expecting to have the extra characters present.

NOTE: The “<” and “>” shouldn’t be there either…

Ok , I will leave things alone and how they should be. I’m not using the “< >” in the actual Pronto command.
I just didn’t want to forget what command I was sending later down the road. Getting older (retired) and things don’t come as easy as they use to !

Thanks…