Beta Testing Via Google Play Store Questions

Hi Garrett, which Android devices are supported by this beta? My Blu Studio 5.3 running Android 2.3.5 says it’s not compatible with the beta. Thanks!

Only device running android 3.2 or newer.

• Garrett

i applied :slight_smile:

edit:

i joined the group and got accepted next day. pressed the button that i want to be in the beta test for the program in the link @ nr 4 and today i got an beta update for the authomationHD ;D its still version 3.0.3.1 , i allready installed it through sideload, but now it also has a mention in the play store. ;D

I get the Google Play web page saying “You are a tester” but when I click the link on that page it takes me to a page that gives no indication it is a beta test page, and the page shows “Current Version: 3.0.3.0”

???

thats correct :slight_smile:
you should first install the authomation 3 beta apk garrett supplied on the forum then it will automaticly update through google play

It should provide you with the latest beta as long as you have been approved when signing via Google groups. You’ll have to check the version from the app itself to know if you are running the beta. Google does not really provide an indication from the play store.

• Garrett

no he is right, it installs 3.0.3.0 and then it would update to the 3.1.1.4 beta version when beta approved.

I did the uninstall, then reinstalled ad it moved me to 3.1.1.3 … BUT… Google Play only shows the version # and info for the released version (3.0.3.0) and not the beta - google play gives no indication you are using a beta version. Not sure if this is a Google oversight, or if there is something else you are supposed to set for it to show the beta info?

There is no additional information. The beta section only allows me to upload the apk and set which group gets the beta. It also allows me to make that version the production version. I’ve added a change log dialog that will show in the next release.

• Garrett

its probably google thing. i wouldnt worry about it as it updates to the last beta garrett posted when applied for the beta.

Do you still run the Beta program? Do you have a ChangeLog?

Yes, anyone can join the beta. Once you following the instructions found here, you’ll be on the latest release for the beta provided in the google play store. The change log is located in the app under “About” or provided in the beta thread of the release located in this sub-forum.

• Garrett