Beta - Ezlo Linux fw v.2.0.10.1452.10 for Ezlo Plus, Ezlo Secure controllers

We’ve released a new Beta update for Ezlo Linux firmware 2.0.10.1452.10 for Ezlo Plus and Ezlo Secure controllers with the following:

New Features:

• Added a new integration: Broadlink’s IR blasters (tested the functionality on models RM4 mini, RM mini 3 si RM pro+). The integration supports learning IR codes and using them directly or in scenes.
  • Added support on the firmware side for sending notifications if the controller was connected to power (the Cloud/UI support for it will come together with the future releases)
  • Added support for using Ezlo cameras in House Modes (The support on mobile apps will come together with the next releases)
  • Added AES and base64 functionality to Lua

Fixes:

• Fixed the Issue with sensors that could have the status changed to Armed after the upgrade in case there were zwave plugin changes for those specific devices from one FW version to another.
  • Fixed the issues reported by community that Ezlo Plus was flashing yellow/orange and not responding. The issues was caused by memory usage on http connection and it was fixed in this release

Known issues:

• Issue with the Led behaviour in the devices exclusion process where the LED on the controller flashes as if the controller is still in exclusion mode even after clicking the “Exit” button to exit from DPW.

• Issue on devices that support Tamper where the broadcasts and notifications generated are opposite to the actual tamper state

• Issue on Z-Wave devices with “electric_meter_amper” that is updated only when the hub is restarted. Ampere meter not changing value instantly once pairing a device supporting it (for example pairing a switch and adding some load to it - e.g. connect a bulb)

• Issue on Vera Edge where after the first update from Vera FW to the new Linux FW the “Internet” LED is OFF

• Issues with some Door Locks, as Danalock V3, that are not added with S2 encryption

• Vera Edge Wifi connectifity issues:

• Issues the Vera Edge controller not being able sometimes to connect to a Wifi network
    • Issus with disabling wifi interfaces not working on Vera Edge
    • Issues with hub.network.get method reporting AP interface as up, even if it is disabled
4 Likes

Great work!

I’ve restarted a few times. No Update yet. I think we need a “search for update” button :wink:

Does the old “unplug Ethernet for 20 seconds” method still work to force a firmware update? I think that’s the primary method I’ve been using thus far, except for maybe once doing a 30-second unplug/replug with the Ezlo Plus.

Hi @Oleh @MCakan
still no update after several reboots, what do you guys do? It’s been at least 3 updates that it doesn’t work the first time …

Guys, you don’t any additional buttons, it is working automatically.
Our cloud team is working on it.
Can you send please serial numbers of the hubs which were not updated?

My S/N: 90000472

Same issue - no upgrade vended for Ezlo Plus’ or Ezlo Secure.

Like the Broadlink Integration though - will have to try it when I have some time. Are you using the local Broadlink API or the Broadlink cloud API?

Hello, @Odysee

We need admin credentials to log in to your Ezlo Plus and push the firmware upgrade remotely.
I have opened a support ticket for you to perform this task.

Please, reply to my message when you have some time.
Thank you.

Hello, @VeraGator

We need admin credentials to log in to your Ezlo Plus and push the firmware upgrade remotely.
I have opened a support ticket for you to perform this task.

Please, reply to my message when you have some time.
Thank you.

Hi @Mayker
for me also it is necessary that?
I sent @Oleh my S/N

This is Phase 1 of integration completed:
All commands between hub and broadlink are integrated with local API with http protocol. And user codes apps are coming from the cloud.
Next question is: can I use it all local mode if there is no internet?
Devices can learn IR codes and these codes are saved on our cloud.
When using these codes they come from the cloud.
The implementation we have now - Phase 1, if internet is gone - we cannot pull IR codes from the cloud unless they are cached locally.
We will in Phase 2 look to implement caching mechanisms so that full local mode can be implemented if possible.

2 Likes

Same no-update situation with my Vera Edge, which is sitting on the 1382.14 version of Linux OS. Have messaged @Oleh with S/N and other info for inspection.

Hello, @Pitt13

If you have sent the SN to @Oleh then the SN should be in the list of controllers that will be upgraded by now.
In case it’s not upgraded yet, let me know.

Thank you.

Hello, @VeraGator

I believe your controller was already added to the list of controllers that will be upgraded. It should’ve been upgraded by now.

I can’t see your controller now as I don’t remember what SN was yours.
Could you please let me know whether your controller is already running this version?.

Thank you!.

Update ok, thanks

Could I check if the following is fixed?

“Issue with incorrect sunrise/sunset time for scene in case the timezone is changed after enrollment. The sunrise/sunset scenes are calculated based on location and for the moment we do not have UI support to change it after enrollment (API is in progress of being integrated in UI)”

Sorry, another point. I have a couple of innr zigbee swtches. After a firmware update, in order for these to work, I need to powercycle the unit. Is this affecting anyone else?

My Vera Edge SN 45004820 is still puttering along at fw 1382.14. Need me to do anything on this end??

Hello @VeraGator

We check the controller SN and it doesn’t have the latest firmware version as you mentioned before. We have contacted @Oleh about this and we’re waiting for his response. As soon as we have an update we will let you know.

Thanks for your understanding.