Beta - Ezlo Linux 2.0.31.2071.4 [production-144] for Ezlo Plus, Ezlo Secure controllers

We’ve released a new beta update for Ezlo Linux firmware 2.0.31.2071.4
The highlights of this release are

• improvements and fixes of Plugin Framework
  • improvements and bugfixes of Ezlogic
  • other fixes and improvements (SoftHub, system, connection)

The new Beta update for Ezlo Linux firmware 2.0.31.2071.4 for Ezlo Plus and Ezlo Secure controllers contains:

[Plugin] Unable to use HUB:plugin_name script path for startup and teardown scripts
[Plugin][Custom] Typo in error message displayed when installing a plugin with errors in interface.json
[Plugin][Custom] The teardown script is not found when uninstalling the plugin
[Plugin][Custom] Expose custom plugin installation error information to UI
[Plugin][Custom] Validate gateway script paths
[Plugin][Custom] Expose custom plugin validation error detailed information to UI

[Scenes][Date Node] Migration: fix isDate blocks with ill-formed time array
[Scenes][Date Node] Invalid formula for evaluating a number of a week in a year
[Scenes][Date Node] isDate: add range counterparts for weekly, monthly events
[Scenes][Variables][Actions] Two sendHTTPRequest action use the same global variable to save data
[Scenes][Event flow] Modify event flow: separate event handling, comparison, and operator/scene state application

[SoftHub] ha-bluetoothd is crashed and restarted continuously
[SoftHub] add lsof to docker image
[SoftHub][AI][CCTV] Explore adding cameras to a virtual hub and using them from Vidoo app

[Common][HTTP] http client sometimes ignores tasks added to the download queue
[Common][HTTP] http module closeConnection method race conditions cause crashes

[System issue] Restart services with an exception(St13runtime_error): Can not connect to spread

1 Like

Just had a terrible firmware upgrade experience, my Ezlo Plus controller went offline for about 30 minutes and I thought it was bricked. It seemed to get stuck in a boot loop.

I could ping it sporadically, but it was up and down, pinging and then timing out etc.

I could sometimes connect to the SSH terminal other times not.

All the time in the Vera mobile app and web UI it showed as OFFLINE.

The lights on the front where flashing Orange (No Cloud Connection) then sometimes solid Orange (No Network Connection) then sometimes flashing Blue and Green (Booting application partition) and sometimes Red (Firmware update failed ?).

This went on for about 20 minutes.

I then gave up looking at it and had some lunch and when I came back to it, it was a solid Blue light and ONLINE again by some miracle.

I really thought it was bricked for that period of time.

The firmware version now shows as being 2.0.31.2071.4

My other second spare Ezlo Plus hub seems to have also updated without any issues or none that I saw and witnessed.

How do you get a hub to upgrade to a beta release? I know production releases are automatic.

Your controller serial number has to be enrolled for betas I think. Cant remember how, there was an old thread about it somewhere.

1 Like

There seems to be something wrong with the “Date and Time / Days of the Week” trigger. If I create a MeshBot with it and uncheck “Choose the moment of day activation will occur”, save the MeshBot and then edit it, the checkmark is checked again:

The MeshBot seems to be saved correctly but the checkmark is checked automatically if you edit the MeshBot.

2 Likes

Thank you for the report @Odysee ,

I’ll try to replicate and report to the team for further review.

Regards.