Best way to make my android trigger a unique notification sound for an alert?

I don’t know if this is the right sub to ask this question, but for certain security related alerts, i’d like to trigger my android phone to do a notification sound of my choosing. e.g. lets say my vera is in vacation or away mode and someone opens the back door which has a door sensor. I want my phone to make a unique (frankly, annoying) sound anytime my door sensors go off when i’m not there.

Whats the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Vera Alerts supports 5 different tones by embedding the following in the message:

{tone:1} … {tone:5}

I use {tone:5} for a tone that repeats until acknowledged. (I often use this when I misplace my phone!)
And Tones 1-4 from mild to more aggressive tones.

Ah interesting thanks Richard… i hadn’t tried the mobile app yet and was just using the email functionality up until now. Let me give it a whirl and see how it goes. Sounds promising.

With the Android Vera Alerts Mobile App
You have the following nice features:

1. Multiple tones
  2. Text to Speech
  3. Quiet times
  4. Nice organization of messages.

I must be doing something wrong… the app seems to be triggering the alert sound for notifications that i don’t want it to trigger the alert sound for.

I have 6 scenes that vera alerts has configured under “notification configuration” (see screenshot).
The first 3, are for motion detection for which I don’t want my phone making sounds.
The last 3, are for when one of my exterior doors opens for which I do want the phone to go off. I thought that by including a {tone:1} in the message overide for the later 3, I would get the intended effect. But for some reason the front and rear motion scenes are triggering the alerts too.

am i missing something as to how to limit sounds to just those 3 notifications?

[quote=“gwichman, post:5, topic:191710”]I must be doing something wrong… the app seems to be triggering the alert sound for notifications that i don’t want it to trigger the alert sound for.

I have 6 scenes that vera alerts has configured under “notification configuration” (see screenshot).
The first 3, are for motion detection for which I don’t want my phone making sounds.
The last 3, are for when one of my exterior doors opens for which I do want the phone to go off. I thought that by including a {tone:1} in the message overide for the later 3, I would get the intended effect. But for some reason the front and rear motion scenes are triggering the alerts too.

am i missing something as to how to limit sounds to just those 3 notifications?[/quote]

The app will use alert# 1 which is also default sound (which is set in the app settings) for every notification. So if you want every alert to be silent then you need to set this alert to silent. This is in the settings in the phone app.

Then for the 3 you want to make a sound you need to use the over ride command “{tone:2}” in the vera alerts area like you have posted in the picture and you also need to set tone #2 in the app settings to which sound you want it to make.

awesome, thank-you.