Battery Life with AutHomation

I am just getting started with home automation and I looked at many apps in the marketplace. This application meets my needs the best and seems to have the best UI. Good job! There is just one thing that is preventing me from loving it and using it on a continual basis. When I use the application, my battery drains fast. I have a Galaxy S3 and I can last on the battery for only 5-6 hours if I have the application installed. If I freeze the app, the battery lasts all day. Anybody else experiencing this? Is there some configuration setting that I can change to not have it drain so much?

Randolph

Hmmm. I run the latest beta on my LG G2 and the battery lasts the day just fine. Do you have AuthomationHD constantly running? As it’ll poll Vera regularly to get any updates on device status. If you have a weak WiFi or 3G/4G connection, that may cause an issue with battery life.

I do not have it constantly running and the version installed is 3.1.3.1. Isn’t that that the stable one available in the app store?

Shouldn’t matter and neither should drain battery, but that version is very old and most run the Beta Version: 3.3.1.4. The Play store version don’t even work with any of the newer Vera’s on ui6 or ui7.

see here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,25219.0.html

Are you using Geofencing? That will kill a battery quickly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote=“Grwebster, post:5, topic:184941”]Are you using Geofencing? That will kill a battery quickly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

Geofence doesn’t drain much more then normal. unless you have location services disabled on your phone other apps use your location also. This is just one more app using your location.

Sure did kill mine when using Simplewave. Got about 1/2 of the battery life. Major difference.

[quote=“Grwebster, post:7, topic:184941”]Sure did kill mine when using Simplewave. Got about 1/2 of the battery life. Major difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

SimpleWave… Means you have an Iphone. Probley the first problem.
But seriously something is wrong if your battery life cuts in half from an app. I actually have 2 programs running a geofence (blueiris and Vera Proximity). But if I check my location services I have 7 apps monitoring my location. Everything from google service to facebook to weather app. All give my info, timezone weather and more based on my current location. Maybe you had a issue with that app. An app shouldn’t do much until you cross the fence then it wakes up the app and run some services, then sleeps. Could have been an error that kept something running all the time. You can look at the battery statistics to see.

Should be getting a new phone soon, and will try again.