Axis Camera Streaming with UI5

Has anyone been able to stream axis cameras within UI5? This is the only feature that broke when I upgraded from UI4 to UI5 on my vera2.

Thanks
John

I have the Axis 203 (not PTZ, but same engine)

Use generic IP Camera and specify the ip address for your camera. Use the following for the URL for still image: /axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi

I found it only worked when I used port 80 on the camera…

[quote=“bagelfly, post:2, topic:170548”]I have the Axis 203 (not PTZ, but same engine)

Use generic IP Camera and specify the ip address for your camera. Use the following for the URL for still image: /axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi

I found it only worked when I used port 80 on the camera…[/quote]

My snap shot is working ok. I just can’t stream live video anymore.

Thanks
John

A friend of mine just purchased a veralite, upgraded to the latest f/w (1.5.346), and then attempted to attach his Axis 216fd camera with the generic IP camera type. He has “/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi” in the snapshot field and “/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi” in the streaming field. We’ve not been able to see either an image or video.

Anyone have any suggestions for us to try?

Thanks in advance!

I have an AXIS 213 working with VERA2 UI5. This is what I have in the advanced tab, if these pictures work.
I also have AXIS 2120 and AXIS 1011W working.

@sailhome. Thanks for your response. Are you using a port other than 80? I reread this thread and there is an indication someone else was successful only with port 80. We are piggybacking into an existing system and don’t want to change back to the default if we don’t have to.

Yes. I have AXIS, Trendnet and Vivotek cameras on nonstandard ports and working with VERA2 UI5.
I add the port number to the IP address and it has been working.

@sailhome:thanks for your help. Our problem was an error in mapping the ip address in the router. The axis camera does indeed stream with the paths described above and can use a port other than 80.

[quote=“sailhome, post:5, topic:170548”]I have an AXIS 213 working with VERA2 UI5. This is what I have in the advanced tab, if these pictures work.
I also have AXIS 2120 and AXIS 1011W working.[/quote]

How were you able to get the DirectSreamingURL to show up under the Variables. All I get is the URL entry for snapshot only?

Thanks
John

I didn’t do anything special to get DirectStreamingURL in the Variables list, it was just there when I created the camera object.
None of my camera objects worked after they were initially created. I had to edit the information to get them to work and a couple of times
I had to delete and start over. I don’t know why but the cameras seem to be more stable after I added their mac address. Sorry I can’t be
more help. I am new to VERA and mainly use Blue Iris for camera security although it is nice to have VERA turn on lights when I view a camera at night.