Automatic nightly Heals

Having continuing problems with my devices after the box and Z-Wave firmware upgrades, I am hoping someone can help interpret last night’s automatic “Heal” report, or possibly post a link to a Wiki explaining how to interpret?

Specifically, to start:

[quote=“11-06-20 2:05:20 report for HealNetwork. Successful: Y Updated net: N”]EXAMPLE:
Node 2 Device 3 Thermostat neighbor nodes updated 0 times (incomplete 0 in a row 0), woke up 0 times configured: YES[/quote]

I have 20 such Nodes - all of which report as above, 2 of which report “configured: NO”, which to my eye does not look good… especially the (incomplete 0 in row0) part?

Where to start?
bob

[quote=“FlyBoyBob, post:1, topic:168554”]Having continuing problems with my devices after the box and Z-Wave firmware upgrades, I am hoping someone can help interpret last night’s automatic “Heal” report, or possibly post a link to a Wiki explaining how to interpret?

Specifically, to start:

[quote=“11-06-20 2:05:20 report for HealNetwork. Successful: Y Updated net: N”]EXAMPLE:
Node 2 Device 3 Thermostat neighbor nodes updated 0 times (incomplete 0 in a row 0), woke up 0 times configured: YES[/quote]

I have 20 such Nodes - all of which report as above, 2 of which report “configured: NO”, which to my eye does not look good… especially the (incomplete 0 in row0) part?

Where to start?
bob[/quote]

@Flyboybob
Each device in your Ui has a unique number (plugins, camera’s etc)
Each Z-Wave device also has a node number (adding +1 for every Z-wave node you add)
Woke up: battery fed devices will only wake up every now and again or at certain triggers to save batteries
Configured YES: Vera was able to automatically configure the device
Configured NO: Vera was unable to (automatically) configure the device (no route to device?)
Incomplete 0, all devices were “healed”
in row 0, dont know, need someone else to step in there.

You could try to install @Ap15e’s ADD form here to get an overview of your current routing table and see what nodes are “unreachable”
From here: http://forum.mios.com/index.php?topic=5130.msg28579#msg28579

Devices in “sleep” mode will only report when woken up (manual trigger will wake up, for instance motion, temp set, breaking a door sensor etc.

Hope that helps

Any progress I make trying to get my network running again during the day is wiped out by this nightly “heal”. This morning I have 4 battery-operated devices showing “Waiting for wakeup to configure” and stale values showing in the Dashboard. The “heal” report shows:

[quote=“June 22 report”]neighbor nodes updated 0 times (incomplete 0 in a row 0), woke up 0 times configured: NO[/quote]for all devices, “configured: NO” for the 4 battery-operated devices, “YES” for the others.

If it helps anyone the top line of the report is:

Note that if this “automatic heal” started at 2am (can anyone confirm this?) it ended 5 minutes later, meaning battery operated devices will get dropped out if they don’t randomly wake up during those 5 minutes?? (anyone???)

Please help,
bob

@FlyBoyBob

Bob,

On the solution side:

1. here is some background info (you might have read)
    http://docs2.mios.com/doc.php?language=1&page=zwave_heal_network&version=1&skin=mios&firmware=1.1.1298&platform=2&manual=1

2. What about my attachment… (i know you deselected the “Re-configure all the devices when done” option)
    Would it be an option to tick the “Only update MiOS routing (overrides other settings)” box and try that?

OR… if that IS ticked, deselect it as with my settings (attachment)

The reason why i suggest is… i DONT see automatic heals… and i DONT get reports in my dropbox unless i do them manually.

Let me know

Tried all combinations of those check boxes - this morning I tried both unchecked, remotely. Unit is now tanked with a permanent “Server Busy” message so I guess my experimenting is done for today until I get home and hit it with a hammer… (kidding!)

bob

More info linked:
http://forum.mios.com/index.php?topic=6898.0

Besides the topic, but relevant for HSM100 3in1 sensor behavior
http://forum.mios.com/index.php?topic=4450.0

[quote=“FlyBoyBob, post:5, topic:168554”]Tried all combinations of those check boxes - this morning I tried both unchecked, remotely. Unit is now tanked with a permanent “Server Busy” message so I guess my experimenting is done for today until I get home and hit it with a hammer… (kidding!)

bob[/quote]

Where do you find the “heal network” in UI7?

It’s gone with the lastest versions that included a z-wave chip firmware upgrade (searching the forum about 7.0.9 update I think will give you some explanations).
With it is gone the Vera routing… Now the z-wave chip heals and routes all by itself without Vera control

[quote=“FlyBoyBob, post:5, topic:168554”]Tried all combinations of those check boxes - this morning I tried both unchecked, remotely. Unit is now tanked with a permanent “Server Busy” message so I guess my experimenting is done for today until I get home and hit it with a hammer… (kidding!)

bob[/quote]

Best thing to do here is contact Customer Care. They are there to help. suppoprt@getvera.com and CC me. If you can enable remote access and include the code, it would speed things up.