AutHomationHD 3.0

I have released an official version of AutHomationHD 3.0 to the play store. You can download the app here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garrettpower.authomationhd

If you have any issues, questions or suggestions please post them here.

• Garrett

Looks like the version in the store is v2.0.3.1.
Is the new version not compatible with my nexus 10 tablet ?
I had only uninstall button, not update. I uninstall and then install again from the provided link and now the about tells me that my version is 2.0.3.1.

OK now I was able to update.
Strange but it finally worked … In two steps.

Thanks Garrett for the hard work.

It may take some time to hit everyone. It is in Google’s hands now for them to make it available.

• Garrett

Question … been away for 7 months. Loaded the version on Play Store. First it erased all the config info. After renter the info a ‘crash’ message comes up ???

OK this less than smart guy can’t remember where ‘setup’ tag is when Auto is configured an up … must have been too many pain pillsd

You need to remove the existing app before updating to the new one. That is why the app crashed. Many changes have been made since the old version. Swipe left or right to access the rooms or the menu panel on the right.

• Garrett

@garrettwp

Great app, thank you very much for the app. ;D

Just out of curiosity, is their a way to access camera presets? ???

Been away for a week and when I returned noticed a few changes. The refresh button and microphone where missing from the bar at top. When looking at devices I use to have a list of devices down the left side, now gone, have to swipe the screen to see it. Did the Wife hit something she should of not have or was there an update. Showing version 3.0.3.0

Rooms and options are on the left and right panels. This is to allow as much screen real estate for the devices and scenes. You simply swipe left or right to access them.

• Garrett

OK guess there was an update when I was away. Had figured out the swipe left and right just was wondering if you could go back to the old. Miss the mic button on the menu bar, will get use to the swipe and selecting it :slight_smile:
Thanks for all the effort in the app, it really is fantastic!!!

Excellent app. Love the new layout!

Just a tiny feature request: please support multiple local SSIDs ;D

[quote=“capjay, post:12, topic:175393”]Excellent app. Love the new layout!

Just a tiny feature request: please support multiple local SSIDs ;D[/quote]

I’ll have a look, but this can get messy as I’ll need to figure out how to go about maintaining the list of ssid’s and proper deletion and adding of old / new ones. Since all of my wireless access points use the same ssid, this will be low priority for me.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:13, topic:175393”]I’ll have a look, but this can get messy as I’ll need to figure out how to go about maintaining the list of ssid’s and proper deletion and adding of old / new ones. Since all of my wireless access points use the same ssid, this will be low priority for me.

• Garrett[/quote]

If I remember correctly, HomeBuddy allows entering the local SSIDs manually separated by commas. Probably this is the simplest workaround. :slight_smile:

Great app. Working really fine with no issues. Best app for android devices.

Suggestion:
Drop the Local SSIDs … When you detect a WIFI issue: a http://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php without a user … If you get back anything you can select the Vera returned … otherwise use the Preferred Vera remotely.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:16, topic:175393”]Suggestion:
Drop the Local SSIDs … When you detect a WIFI issue: a http://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php without a user … If you get back anything you can select the Vera returned … otherwise use the Preferred Vera remotely.[/quote]

That is a great idea, however I do not want to rely on the mios sta servers to figure out if the device is on the same network. I can take your idea into a little different direct. When checking on wifi, I can check the ip address of the device and compare it to the configured vera ip address in the settings. I can also test the ip address to make sure vera responds to a simple query.

• Garrett

The only reason I though about checking the MCV server … is for folks that have more than 1 Vera at different locations … they will automatically select the correct Vera where they are Wifi connected.

Good point I was thinking of the same. I’ll have to do some thinking.

• Garrett

Im trying to connect to my Vera lite from the app but haven’t had luck when not on my wifi. Problem is that I don’t want remote via micasaverde and have set upp my own tunnel with SSH but problem is that when connecting up via my phone and ssh tunnel I can’t get AutHomationHD to connect to the Vera - Surfing to the Micasaverde web ui for it works while on the ssh tunnel but want the app to work aswell. Do you have any pointers how and is it a limitation in the app only going via wifi?

btw Very good and nice looking app.