Autelis Control?

@rstrouse, I would be happy to test it as well but i am having some stability issues i need to get past before i can install another plug-in (vera3 UI5). In the meantime, in case it is helpful: I have a Jandy iAqualink 2.0 control system for my pool and spa, with one Jandy variable speed pump, one pentair heater, one pentair single speed booster pump for the spa, one air blower for the spa, and one jandy Aquapure salt water chlorine generator (new model). I have a pool light and spa light, both Jandy LEDs (color), and one of my AUX’s controls a “Deck Jets” water feature.

Info on my Jandy controller:

[code]Model B0029221
Type RS-8 Combo
Firmware T.1

Remotes
ePump 02.00 1
iAquaLink WiFi 4
Serial Adaptr 1
AquaPure 1
OneTouch 1
OneTouch 4[/code]

My Autelis info is:

[code]Model: 6520
DIP Switches: 00000000
Software Version: 1.6.8

AUX Labels
AUX1: Booster Pump
AUX2: Spa Light
AUX3: Pool Light
AUX4: Air Blower
AUX5: Deck Jets
(the rest of the AUXes are unused)
[/code]

/names.xml returns a 404

/status.xml returns:

<response>
	<system>
		<runstate>8</runstate>
		<model>6520</model>
		<dip>00000000</dip>
		<opmode>0</opmode>
		<vbat>615</vbat>
		<lowbat>0</lowbat>
		<version>1.6.8</version>
		<time>1470974442</time>
	</system>
	<equipment>
		<pump>0</pump>
		<pumplo></pumplo>
		<spa>1</spa>
		<waterfall></waterfall>
		<cleaner></cleaner>
		<poolht2></poolht2>
		<poolht>1</poolht>
		<spaht>1</spaht>
		<solarht>0</solarht>
		<htpmp></htpmp>
		<aux1>0</aux1>
		<aux2>0</aux2>
		<aux3>0</aux3>
		<aux4>0</aux4>
		<aux5>0</aux5>
		<aux6>0</aux6>
		<aux7>0</aux7>
		<aux8></aux8>
		<aux9></aux9>
		<aux10></aux10>
		<aux11></aux11>
		<aux12></aux12>
		<aux13></aux13>
		<aux14></aux14>
		<aux15></aux15>
		<aux16></aux16>
		<aux17></aux17>
		<aux18></aux18>
		<aux19></aux19>
		<aux20></aux20>
		<aux21></aux21>
		<aux22></aux22>
		<aux23></aux23>
	</equipment>
	<temp>
		<poolsp>86</poolsp>
		<poolsp2>60</poolsp2>
		<spasp>102</spasp>
		<pooltemp>88</pooltemp>
		<spatemp>84</spatemp>
		<airtemp>66</airtemp>
		<solartemp>0</solartemp>
		<tempunits>F</tempunits>
	</temp>
</response>[/code]

/pumps.xml returns:

[code]<response>
	<pumps>
		<vsp1>13</vsp1>
		<vsp2></vsp2>
		<vsp3></vsp3>
		<vsp4></vsp4>
	</pumps>
</response>

/chem.xml returns:

>response> <chem> <avail>9</avail> <chlrp>30</chlrp> <saltp>70</saltp> <chlrs>5</chlrs> <salts>70</salts> <orp1>0</orp1> <orp2>0</orp2> <ph1>0</ph1> <ph2>0</ph2> <orpfd1>0</orpfd1> <orpfd2>0</orpfd2> <phfd1>0</phfd1> <phfd2>0</phfd2> </chem> </response>

Unfortunately pump RPM and watts used only appear in the keypad emulator, Autelis has not been able to get me that info as usable fields (if i could get them i could apply a formula to determine when my filter needs to be cleaned).

Attached are a few screen shots of my Autelis’ UI in case that is useful. Happy to provide any additional info I can.

-mda

@mda, Awesome! I was hoping you popped up.

The pump rpm and wattage kind sucks I assume you are running a Jandy pump or is it a Pentair VS? The wattage and rpm rock in the Pentair because it lets you look at wattage vs rpm to determine the filter percentage. Not perfect by any means but certainly measurable if the cleaner is off and its just running normal flow.

Looks like you have an AquaPure can I assume there is no ORP or PH feed? Do you have solar installed… I assume yes since the value for solarht is 0?

Finally after a good grillin’ I noticed your names are showing in Autelis but they do not appear in the xml (404). Can you go to the screen where you define these and right click → view source so I can see how they are referencing these names. This should allow me to import them like I do with Pentair.

Yes, a Jandy VS pump

The wattage and rpm rock in the Pentair because it lets you look at wattage vs rpm to determine the filter percentage. Not perfect by any means but certainly measurable if the cleaner is off and its just running normal flow.

Yep, sucks. Attached is a screen shot of the RPM and Wattage showing on the Keypad emulator. 3 screens of data rotate and this is the 3rd. When I view source i don’t see the info though so perhaps its pulled by javascript or something? Here is the page source of that /keypad.htm page. Is there anyway you could extract it?

[code]

Autelis Pool Control
Autelis
Pg Up
Back
Pg Dn

Up
Dn
Select
Autelis

New Password:
Confirm Password:

AUX Labels
AUX1:
AUX2:
AUX3:
AUX4:
AUX5:
AUX6:
AUX7:
AUX8:
AUX9:
AUX10:
AUX11:
AUX12:
AUX13:
AUX14:
AUX15:
Extra Aux:
AUX16:
AUX17:
AUX18:
AUX19:
AUX20:
AUX21:
AUX22:
AUX23:

Copyright © 2013 Autelis, LLC
[/code]

Here is the source of /psetup.htm where i configure the names of my pump speeds

[code]

Autelis Pool Control
Autelis
Pump Number: 1234
Speed 1 Label:
Speed 2 Label:
Speed 3 Label:
Speed 4 Label:
Speed 5 Label:
Speed 6 Label:
Speed 7 Label:
Speed 8 Label:

Save
[/code]

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Do me a favor get a

http:///keypad.xml

[quote=“rstrouse, post:24, topic:192903”]Do me a favor get a

http:///keypad.xml[/quote]

When all the equipment is off it cycles through 2 screens if my heat is enabled (otherwise it just sits on the first screen):

First screen:

<response><b0>Jandy AquaLinkRS</b0><b1></b1><b2> 08/12/16 Fri </b2><b3></b3><b4></b4><b5>Filter Pump OFF </b5><b6> Air 65`F </b6><b7> </b7><b8></b8><b9>Equipment ON/OFF</b9><b10>OneTouch ON/OFF</b10><b11> Menu / Help </b11><hll>9</hll><effects>15,13,15,2</effects><offset>0,2,9</offset></response>

Second screen:

<response><b0>Equipment Status</b0><b1></b1><b2> Pool Heat ENA </b2><b3> Spa Heat ENA </b3><b4></b4><b5></b5><b6></b6><b7></b7><b8></b8><b9></b9><b10></b10><b11></b11><hll>15</hll><effects>15,13,15,2</effects><offset>0,2,9</offset></response>

When the filter pump is on it cycles through 4 screens:

First screen:

<response><b0>Jandy AquaLinkRS</b0><b1></b1><b2> 08/12/16 Fri </b2><b3> 12:25 AM </b3><b4></b4><b5> Pool 84`F </b5><b6> Air 64`F </b6><b7> </b7><b8></b8><b9>Equipment ON/OFF</b9><b10>OneTouch ON/OFF</b10><b11> Menu / Help </b11><hll>9</hll><effects>15,13,15,2</effects><offset>0,2,9</offset></response>

Second screen: (in this case, the VS pump is running, the pool heater is on, and the spa heat is enabled but not running. If the heaters were not on or enabled it would just show “Filter Pump”)

<response><b0>Equipment Status</b0><b1></b1><b2> Filter Pump </b2><b3> Pool Heat </b3><b4> Spa Heat ENA </b4><b5></b5><b6></b6><b7></b7><b8></b8><b9></b9><b10></b10><b11></b11><hll>15</hll><effects>15,13,15,2</effects><offset>0,2,9</offset></response>

Third screen: (with the RPM and Wattage)

<response><b0>Equipment Status</b0><b1></b1><b2>Jandy ePUMP 1 </b2><b3> RPM: 3450 </b3><b4> Watts: 1965 </b4><b5></b5><b6></b6><b7></b7><b8></b8><b9></b9><b10></b10><b11></b11><hll>15</hll><effects>15,13,15,2</effects><offset>0,2,9</offset></response>

Fourth screen:

<response><b0>Equipment Status</b0><b1></b1><b2> AquaPure 30% </b2><b3> Salt 3900 PPM </b3><b4></b4><b5></b5><b6></b6><b7></b7><b8></b8><b9></b9><b10></b10><b11></b11><hll>15</hll><effects>15,13,15,2</effects><offset>0,2,9</offset></response>

Or when the pump is priming the 3rd screen is this:

<response><b0>Equipment Status</b0><b1></b1><b2>Jandy ePUMP 1 </b2><b3> *** Priming ***</b3><b4> Watts: 4 </b4><b5></b5><b6></b6><b7></b7><b8></b8><b9></b9><b10></b10><b11></b11><hll>15</hll><effects>15,13,15,2</effects><offset>0,2,9</offset></response>

It sits on the first screen for about 10 seconds and on each of the other screens for about 5 seconds each.

Hmmm… well there’s the pump data in the keypad.xml but I don’t see the circuit names anywhere. I’ll shoot off an e-mail to the Autelis folks to see if I can get the aux labels.

I have figured out another method for the speed but the wattage evades me. Surely, this couldn’t be simply an estimated calculation of the speed. When your pump is steady at 3450 does the wattage jump around? That too I will pose with Autelis.

As for the macros, can you launch these from anywhere on the Autelis interface? I assume these work like feature circuits in where you can set multiple bits of equipment on the pad with a single button but do not involve a relay on the panel.

The wattage moves around, it is reported by the Jandy system to all “keypads” (including the Autelis). Here is a screen shot of Jandy’s iAqualink control system on the “Status” page.

As for the macros, can you launch these from anywhere on the Autelis interface? I assume these work like feature circuits in where you can set multiple bits of equipment on the pad with a single button but do not involve a relay on the panel.

These are the “One Touch” macros build on the Jandy control system that the Autelis just calls from its Macros page. On the Jandy system you configure which devices to turn on etc in each of the macros. For context look at the section “JANDY AQUALINK RS ONE TOUCH” in this brochure http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/sl/sl6450.pdf

@mda,

Can you get me a view source from the temperature.htm

Thanks

[quote=“rstrouse, post:28, topic:192903”]@mda,

Can you get me a view source from the temperature.htm

Thanks[/quote]

Sure…

[code]

Autelis Pool Control
Autelis
Air Temperature: 100° F
Pool Temperature: 100° F
-
Pool Setpoint: 100° F
+
OFF
Pool Heat: ON
ON
Pool Temperature 2: 100° F
-
Pool Setpoint 2: 100° F
+
OFF
Pool Heat 2: ON
ON
Spa Temperature: 100° F
-
Spa Setpoint: 100° F
+
OFF
Spa Heat: ON
ON
Solar Temperature: 100° F
OFF
Solar Heat: ON
ON
OFF
Heat Pump: ON
ON

@mda

Thanks, now can I get you to go to the screen where you set the setpoints for your AquaPure and do the same thing?

Edit: Later that same day

I’m getting close. There are several items that I need to figure out but Autelis sent me a message and they are trying to make the pump RPM and Wattage available for VS pumps. If they do it similar to the Pentair version it will also make VF pumps as well so I have coded accordingly.

[ul][li]I realize you are on UI5 and I have coded what I assume will work on UI5 but I am not sure since I do not have that platform… we’ll see[/li]
[li]The WaterColors interface will be interesting. I think I want to use the colorpicker control but I think that is UI7 only maybe this is another branch.[/li]
[li]Below are some progress pics[/li][/ul]

@Sammy, How’s the install of your Autelis going?

[quote=“rstrouse, post:30, topic:192903”]@mda

Thanks, now can I get you to go to the screen where you set the setpoints for your AquaPure and do the same thing?[/quote]

Looking good! Here is the source from that page and a screen shot of it for reference. Thanks.

[code]

Autelis Pool Control
Autelis
Pool Salt Level: PPM
Pool Chlorination:
Spa Salt Level: PPM
Spa Chlorination:
ORP:
OFF
ORP Feed: OFF
ON
PH:
OFF
PH Feed: OFF
ON
ORP 2:
OFF
ORP 2 Feed: OFF
ON
PH 2:
OFF
PH 2 Feed: OFF
ON

[/code]

[quote=“rstrouse, post:20, topic:192903”]Awesome! Once you get it hooked up run the following urls. These will give me a listing of what the xml response will be. Some of these may return nothing and that is telling in itself.

http://<autelis ip>/names.xml
http://<autelis ip>/status.xml
http://<autelis ip>/pumps.xml
http://<autelis ip>/chem.xml

After you type the url into a browser if you right click and choose View Source you should be able to save it. If it throws an error on these then this is telling as well.[/quote]

I must apologize but this past weekend ended up being a wash on getting the Autelis set up. I had some issues taking an old Netgear router and putting it into Bridge or AP mode. It started working like a managed switch but would not extend the signal wirelessly to the location of my pool equipment. I have a new bridge on order and should be able to get this thing set up during this week. I will keep you posted but can one directly connect to the Autelis with a laptop and not even use their local network to pull the data you need?

Thanks.

No worries Sammy. Nothing I hate more than tinkering with network crap! You can connect to the Autelis unit directly with your laptop. However, that is just more tinkering. Get your network woes hammered out then get the files to me. I still need to compare the two systems to see the differences based upon installed equipment.

Good Luck!

@mda,

I guess what I am trying to figure out is the mapping. Pretty sure the Alpine White is 128 or 1 but is Sky Blue 129 or is it Caribbean Blue?

Is there a screen in Autelis where you can change the color of a light or group of lights? Also, it appears as if this applies to all Jandy LED lights attached to the controller not one at time. Do you have more than one LED light on different circuits?

[quote=“rstrouse, post:34, topic:192903”]@mda,

I guess what I am trying to figure out is the mapping. Pretty sure the Alpine White is 128 or 1 but is Sky Blue 129 or is it Caribbean Blue?[/quote]

My vera device updated by the Autelis shows these numbers corresponding to colors:

[ul][li]Caribbean blue: 19[/li]
[li]Sky blue: 18[/li]
[li]Emerald rose: 23[/li]
[li]Off: 0[/li][/ul]

Is there a screen in Autelis where you can change the color of a light or group of lights? Also, it appears as if this applies to all Jandy LED lights attached to the controller not one at time. Do you have more than one LED light on different circuits?

The /equipment.htm page shows a menu for color when i turn on a light (see attached screen shots). I can turn each light (spa, pool) on/off separately and select its color seperately. source for that page is:

[code]

Autelis Pool Control
Autelis
OFF
Filter Pump: ON
ON
OFF
Pump Low Speed: ON
ON
OFF
Spa: ON
ON
OFF
Spillway: ON
ON
OFF
Cleaner: ON
ON
OFF
Booster Pump: ON
ON
OFF
Spa Light: ON
ON
OFF
Pool Light: ON
ON
OFF
Air Blower: ON
ON
OFF
Deck Jets: ON
ON
OFF
AUX6: ON
ON
OFF
AUX7: ON
ON
OFF
AUX8: ON
ON
OFF
AUX9: ON
ON
OFF
AUX10: ON
ON
OFF
AUX11: ON
ON
OFF
AUX12: ON
ON
OFF
AUX13: ON
ON
OFF
AUX14: ON
ON
OFF
AUX15: ON
ON
OFF
: ON
ON
OFF
ON
OFF
ON
OFF
ON
OFF
ON
OFF
ON
OFF
ON
OFF
ON

[/code]

[quote=“rstrouse, post:30, topic:192903”]@mda

Thanks, now can I get you to go to the screen where you set the setpoints for your AquaPure and do the same thing?

Edit: Later that same day

I’m getting close. There are several items that I need to figure out but Autelis sent me a message and they are trying to make the pump RPM and Wattage available for VS pumps. If they do it similar to the Pentair version it will also make VF pumps as well so I have coded accordingly.

[ul][li]I realize you are on UI5 and I have coded what I assume will work on UI5 but I am not sure since I do not have that platform… we’ll see[/li]
[li]The WaterColors interface will be interesting. I think I want to use the colorpicker control but I think that is UI7 only maybe this is another branch.[/li]
[li]Below are some progress pics[/li][/ul]

@Sammy, How’s the install of your Autelis going?[/quote]

I didn’t notice this but responded to an earlier post. After seeing those screen grabs for the app in Vera, I’m getting real excited about the prospects here! I will try to get this up and running as soon as possible. I know that I need to count valve actuators and give you which valves they operate as well.

I think that I may have an extra AUX or two in the Jandy that I’d like to be able to control yard lighting with in addition to the pool pumps and lights.

Ok so I have the plugin running in Simulation mode and all indication say that it should run when connected to an actual Autelis unit so here it is although my dog says its “rough.”

Things that should be working

[ul][li]Configuration… all of it[/li]
[li]Standard Circuits[/li]
[li]Aux Circuits[/li]
[li]Heaters: Spa, Pool1, and Pool2[/li]
[li]Jandy Water Colors[/li]
[li]AquaPure Chlorinator[/li][/ul]

Things that are probably not perfect

[ul][li]Solar Only pool heating – I got some clarification from Autelis regarding how this works as it relates to the solar installation. Currently there will be no way to set the setpoint in this scenario[/li]
[li]Macros – Still need to make a macro execution panel. Not sure if these will be scenes or not since the mobile app has trouble showing custom interfaces.[/li][/ul]

To install:

[ol][li]Unzip the package to a directory on your computer[/li]
[li]Go to Apps → Develop Apps → Luup files[/li]
[li]Upload all the files in the package to your Vera[/li]
[li]Choose Create Device from the menu on the left[/li]
[li]Enter Jandy Pool Control in the Description[/li]
[li]Enter D_AutelisJandy.xml in the Upnp Device Filename field… Make sure you enter this exactly with no spaces before or after.[/li]
[li]Reload the Luup engine[/li][/ol]

To Configure the Plugin:

[ol][li]Go to the control panel for the newly created device and choose the Configure tab[/li]
[li]Enter the IP Address, user name, and password for your Autelis device[/li]
[li]Press Save Changes[/li]
[li]Exit the control panel to ensure the status changes to Connected and Ready[/li]
[li]Re-enter the control panel and select the options for your pool saving the changes after each category of equipment. Note heaters are under the Configure tab[/li][/ol]

To Configure Your Autelis:

[ol][li]Open the Autelis Web Interface and go to the ISY/Vera Setup. If the options do not exist you do not have the correct firmware on your Autelis and will need to update it.[/li]
[li]Check the Vera Enabled checkbox[/li]
[li]Enter 3480 in the Port[/li]
[li]Enter the device Id of the Jandy Pool Control device in the Dev Num field. You can find this at the top on the control panel Advanced tab for this device on your Vera.[/li][/ol]

That should be it. Take note of the changes on your Vera these should be pretty instantaneous when something is turned on/off on the AquaLink. If they are not then the bidirectional interface is not working and let me know. We will troubleshoot in the log.

Fingers and toes crossed!

My bridge shows up tomorrow but I may go connect my laptop directly to the Autelis tonight to test this out… We’ll see if I have enough time before the sun goes down to do it or not…

[quote=“rstrouse, post:20, topic:192903”]Awesome! Once you get it hooked up run the following urls. These will give me a listing of what the xml response will be. Some of these may return nothing and that is telling in itself.

http://<autelis ip>/names.xml
http://<autelis ip>/status.xml
http://<autelis ip>/pumps.xml
http://<autelis ip>/chem.xml

After you type the url into a browser if you right click and choose View Source you should be able to save it. If it throws an error on these then this is telling as well.[/quote]

I just got it hooked up and it is running in Night Mode right now and here’s the results:

Names:

404: File not found

<response> <system> <runstate>8</runstate> <model>6520</model> <dip>00000000</dip> <opmode>0</opmode> <vbat>561</vbat> <lowbat>0</lowbat> <version>1.5.5</version> <time>1471490665</time> </system> <equipment> <pump>0</pump> <pumplo/> <spa>1</spa> <waterfall/> <cleaner/> <poolht2/> <poolht>0</poolht> <spaht>0</spaht> <solarht>0</solarht> <aux1>0</aux1> <aux2>0</aux2> <aux3>1</aux3> <aux4>1</aux4> <aux5>1</aux5> <aux6>1</aux6> <aux7>1</aux7> <aux8/> <aux9/> <aux10/> <aux11/> <aux12/> <aux13/> <aux14/> <aux15/> <aux16/> <aux17/> <aux18/> <aux19/> <aux20/> <aux21/> <aux22/> <aux23/> </equipment> <temp> <poolsp>86</poolsp> <poolsp2>60</poolsp2> <spasp>97</spasp> <pooltemp>0</pooltemp> <spatemp>81</spatemp> <airtemp>87</airtemp> <solartemp>0</solartemp> <tempunits>F</tempunits> </temp> </response>

Pumps:

Chem:

@Sammy2,

Hmmmm… No ISY Settings? Is this the most recent firmware for your Autelis or do you still need to upgrade? mda has 1.6.8 and the Autelis folks are making some additions as well.