August Smart Lock Pro Installation

Greetings all

I have just installed an August Smart Lock Pro and wifi bridge, and am working on setting it up. I had a couple of (unsatisfactory) adventures with Ring devices, and was unable to overcome a couple of hardware issues. I gave up on Ring, and I installed the August today, along with the August Video Doorbell Pro. The installation was flawless, and I am very happy with the results so far. The Smart Lock Pro is z-wave equipped, and the inclusion into the VeraPlus was relatively painless. It does cause a message on the install on the August app side that the Vera is “S0” and the August is “S2” - however it seems to function.

I am able to manually lock and unlock the door no issues from the Dashboard. It automatically installs it in the “My Shortcuts” which I don’t care for, but not a big issue. Overall I am very happy with the result.

The only thing that I am struggling with at this point is trying to add locking the door to my alarm setting Action in PLEG. I am able to program and save the action, however as soon as you try to execute the action, it dumps the door lock command from the Action. I am perplexed, but will play with it a bit more before I dump the screens and send it to Richard.

Anyone else playing with this??

Thanks, and Happy New Year
Scott

I have been wondering about the new August smart Lock and doorbell. Does the video door bell function and integrate also? Thanks so much.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have the new August Lock Pro and Doorbell Cam Pro. The Lock’s Z-Wave function is very basic in Vera Plus. It only shows a standard lock. Door sensor is not showing via Z-Wave. Doorbell cam can not be integrated with Vera. Also, lock’s internal home/away functionality is not accessible via Vera.

That is a bummer. Looks like Doorbird is still the best way to go.

Vera is still supposed to be realesing their own doorbell camera, but they said that last year.

I messaged them twice on Twitter about it, but they didn’t respond.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk