Arming while sensor open

Evening all,

New into Home Automation and researching everything I want to do before I get started and I was told to post here as I am interested in a home security system but one particular feature I would want is to be able to alarm the house while for instance one window was left open. I would still want to arm the house (excluding the open sensor) but also send an alert to our mobiles when we arm in such a condition. For instance Push notification on phone:

“Alarm Armed (Kitchen Window Open)”

Is this possible with a DSC alarm and this plugin?

You could do it with a scene:

First you need to run luup code to bypass your open window (this one bypasses zone 4 (zones must be written with two digits so “04”):

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1", "SendCommand", {Command = "071", Data="1#*104#"}, deviceID)

Then run this code to arm the system:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2", "RequestArmMode", { State="Away", PINCode="0" } , deviceID)

I’m not 100% on how to do the push notification, but if you leave notifications on in your modes you’ll get a notice as soon as this code is run.

Thanks for the info. Good information to know.

By the sounds of it though I need to set the first code to run then arm. What if I want my alarm system to auto arm as I walk away from the house and if a window was open for it to automatically bypass that zone?

Using the mobile app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vera.android&hl=en / ‎VeraMobile™ on the App Store) you can trigger a scene using your location.

So you’ll leave the house, the app will trigger the scene to run and the code below will bypass your window and then arm the alarm panel.

But keep in mind you’re really trusting the app, network, vera OS, my code, etc to all work properly every time.

ok but you still haven’t quite answered my question.

What if I was to leave a different window open. With your code will it automatically be able to ignore any open window or am I saying with that code ignore this window specifically?

Sorry probably not wording it very clearly what I am trying to get at.

Regards,
Max

Hey Max,

Sorry for the late reply. You could use

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1", "SendCommand", {Command = "071", Data="1#*199#"}, deviceID)

instead of

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1", "SendCommand", {Command = "071", Data="1#*104#"}, deviceID)

The new code recalls the zones you bypassed previously and bypasses them again. It’s not exactly the solution you’re looking for, but that’s the best I could find.

You could also try programming a bypass group into your dsc alarm panel using your keypad. A group would bypass multiple doors and windows (which ever ones you make part of the group) regardless of they are open (less secure). You can then recall the group with the following code:

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1", "SendCommand", {Command = "071", Data="1#*191#"}, deviceID)

To program a Bypass Group:

1. Press *1, then your access code (if necessary).
  2. Enter the two-digit numbers (01-64) of the zones to be included in the Bypass Group. On
    PK5500/RFK5500/RFK5564 keypads, you can also use the < > keys to find the zone to be
    included in the bypass group, and then press * to select the zone.
  3. To save the selected zone into the group, press 9 5.
  4. To exit bypassing mode and return to the Ready state, press #.

good info will try that today,the weather is nice would like some fresh air in the house when I come home.