Are they still around? They seem willing to lose business if they are.

I have been very happy with my SQ products and support but after recommending them to a few friends I’ve learned that 1. you can’t get a blaster from anywhere and 2. people are PISSED that they aren’t getting any customer service. This isn’t a problem I’ve ever had, John and Matt have been great, but now I’m worried that we are seeing the end.

Anyone hear any news/rumors about what’s going on?

Have a look at this recent thread:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14573.0.html

• Garrett

My .02 here…of course it’s not sustainable if you don’t get products on the shelves and support the ones that have been sold. Again, love the product and the guys working on it BUT for a company that currently has one product to sell, you’d think selling it would be a priority.

I can appreciate their delimma and support whatever they may be doing.

However, they do hold an obliation to their customers that have purchased their products. Small or large, it is inexcusable for a company to ignore it’s customers so it can create new projects. Customer trust and confidence will break them no matter what product they may bring to market.

This business model is doomed to fail if people lose trust with them. Personally I would dedicate time to servicing existing as well. As it stands, whatever they develop, one would have to think very hard to gamble buying it only to have them dissappear again and again for “project development”.

In my case I bought the SQ new which is broken. They cannot service it nor am I even able to replace it! I have 2 more projects that require 2 more SQ’s right now as well. Currently I am looking for alternative products to purchase.

Do let us know if you find a substitute. We need a couple, especially if there’s anything that works with Windows phone!

Ok, I’m calling it…this product is dead. I just checked their forum and people there are saying they can’t get responses. It’s too bad, I really like this product and had high hopes for it.

RIP SQ Connect

[quote=“mbairhead, post:6, topic:177098”]Ok, I’m calling it…this product is dead. I just checked their forum and people there are saying they can’t get responses. It’s too bad, I really like this product and had high hopes for it.

RIP SQ Connect[/quote]

Bummer. Any good substitutes?

They still in business, they wrote in their forum:

Re: Do SC still exist?
Postby John ? Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:07 pm

We still exist?. just too busy :slight_smile:

It’s too bad, they seemed like a decent company. :frowning:

I’d like a comparable alternative too

I have one and never needed up using it… so if your looking for one … I’m selling it :slight_smile:

I agree. Decent product, decent company. Sad the’ve disappeared into the ether. My blaster is still humming along, so I’ll keep using that set up until it dies. When that happens, I’ll move to Roomie Remote.

I bought the basic app for $10 to start playing with it. To have the same level of functionality (plus a fair amount more), you need to add the expanded version (home theater pack) for around $25 plus a global cache IR blaster for around $80. In the end, you’ll likely be into it for a little less than the cost of a sq blaster.

The remote is a little different approach than sq remote, I’m still learning the details. It can talk to Vera and you can edit the remotes. You Aldo get ip based control if your device supports it and serial control if your device has serial (you need to add a global cache serial adapter as well for that functionality). Some devices also support live feedback on the remote.

So far this is the best alternative I’ve found for sq.