Anyone using SQ Designer?

Hi All,

So after reading all the great things about SQ Remote on this board since I bought my Vera 2 almost a year ago I finally figured out that you don’t need an SQ Blaster to use SQ Remote with Vera. Duh. Ok, that’s out of the way. So I plunked down my money and got SQ Remote today only to discover it’s a blank canvas that requires a lot of work to get anything useful on it. It seemed to me that the SQ Designer software, running on a PC with a big monitor, would make much more sense. I downloaded the demo version but it’s not as easy to use as one would think. So, my question: is anyone using SQ Designer and if so can you tell me if it’s worth it? Or should I just stick with the iPad/iPhone and design my system there?

Thanks,
Don

It has been a while since I downloaded the free trial, so many things have changed.
I didn’t like it, and didn’t find it easy to use.

I designed things on the iPhone and iPad instead. Things don’t line up 100%, but it’s enough that my pseudo-OCD can live with.

Hi Don,

you can do basically everything on the device itsself but if you want to align the controls properly or if you have to design a lot of pages I would recommend the designer.
It has a quite strange user interface, but when you get used to it you can design much quicker than on the device itsself.

Cheers
Wilhelm