Anyone else having issues with home.getvera.com and connecting to your Vera hub through it?

there is no way past it locally its all in the gateway pages nothing in the local interface.

I had to create a disposable account and “sign up” as a new user. and restore the devices via local backup and the devices are back.

But I can not add the user that used to control this unit,
I bet I should have deleted that user first since existing user cant be added.
the add user wants a password I get an error “userame exist”.

This is still not available via the portal but it shows “online” this happens with both devices behind the same LAN firewall aAKA the Vera Edge and the client PC on the same subnet…

If I remote desktop to my buddys house I can log into the unit at my house, round robin style.

If I am on my LAN and just type in the Vera units IP address I get access without going to the web.

I get that basic function but try to do anything with users or unit settings and I get directed out to the web to login on the portal page at home.getvera.com.

If im on the same LAN the login goes in then a unit list but the unit will never load again it just refreshes back to pick the unit.

The same behavior on two units when accessing from a PC on the LAN to the authenticated login allowed to change needed settings.

You could try Settings, Net & Wi-fi, then reboot button to see if that gets the unit behaving better. I don’t believe that requires authentication back over the WAN.

Failing that you’ll probably have to factory reset the unit and set it up again on the original account. Once its back to the account you can recover all the ZWave and scene customization via a restore to you last backup. You’ll need to be in person to do this though (press the reset switch on the unit).

You might want to get Ezlo/Vera tech help before resorting to such a drastic measure as a factory reset. They may have other ways to do this easier.

Not sure I understand why a new account and redirecting the unit to that account was done. It seems you want to get back to where you were with the original account. I didn’t think you could associate and existing unit to another account without help desk cancelling the old account. I had to do that when I bought a used Vera many years ago.

the local machine with a local admin privilege is problem that persists.

I reset it but looks like all the users acounts should have been deleted before reset. I have it recovered and restored the zwave network from a back up. The system works but still no administrative control is available if you are on the same LAN as the PC im using to get into the UI7.

That is the main issue I hope support can correct. without getting authenticated and redirected back to the unit, its becomes impossible to configure the unit.

Until the home.getvera.com redirects and loads the interface, its pretty much down.

A work around like going to my next door nieghbor and use his wifi/internet to get into my controller is not a long term solution. This thread seems to address others having this issue. I hope loopback login to the unit cant be fixed soon.

During my visit to other locations, I did reproduce this “gateway” problem.

I can verify that the Vera Edge controllers are not allowing login behind the same LAN. Nothing I can do, its reproducible.

ON the same lan, open the browser put in the local IP and the UI7 dashboard opens. Try to login in order to make admin privilege changes to the unit it redirects to the myhome gateway.

I can not login locally to these controllers, my entire setup is crippled.

he dashboard never loads. I have tried everything other browser etc.

I just tried it on one of my Vera Edge hubs, I connected to its local IP in the browser from my laptop on the same LAN. I then selected the menu item “Users & Account Info” it then re-directed me to home.getvera.com I logged in and then clicked the “Connect” button next to that Vera Edge hub. It did not work the first time and it just reloaded that same page that lists your controllers, I clicked the connect button again 3 or 4 times and it did eventually redirect me back to the hubs web UI. I was then able to go in to the pages that manage the user accounts OK. Its clunky but it did work for me.

You have changed your Chrome browser settings also? As described above in this thread. Also try clearing the browsers cache and data.

I then tried the same thing in Microsoft Edge browser and that worked first time and I was re-directed back to my Vera Edge’s web UI OK.

Thanks for giving it a try, I am taking this in steps. I have a test computer with windows 11clean up to date. Using Edge its a no go, finally installed Chrome and killed the setting for “https experimental”.

I was able to get into the dashboard using modified Chrome browser! :heart_eyes:

SO is MS Edge no longer officially supported? Only on the LAN access?

Not sure I’d have to connect my laptop to my phones 4G Hotspot to test that in a WAN type situation.

I connected my laptop to my phones hotspot thus making it a remote connection “away” from home, I tried MS Edge browser and it connected first time to my Vera Edge’s web UI.

I then tried Chrome browser and on the second attempt of pressing the Connect button it re-directed OK to the Vera hubs web UI.

So seems to work OK for me remotely.

Yea! I have to say that is out of the box thinking. Using the phone hotspot that is.

Its easy enough to install chrome and use it for access from the same LAN as the controller. I will keep this technique in mind if I ever have to get in locally but create the round robin using the phone hotspot. Wow the future is full of options! Thanks cw-kid.

Well both Edge and Chrome browsers seem to work for me either locally on the same LAN or remotely “away” with the caveat with Chrome browser, that you now need to change that “HTTPS Experimental” setting.

I am only able to authenticate using chrome on the same LAN. Edge just refreshes the page over and over. Its a work around but both open the local UI7 page but only chrome allows me to login and redirect back to the unit in my LAN. Edge doesnt work to authenticate.

Just found a fast “work around” that did not require much on my end.

When I click on my controller in the list of controllers at:
https://home,getvera,com/dashboard/display
[Trying Direct Connection… (getvera,com)]
I click in the address bar when it changes to this URL and I delete the “s” making it just http:

http(S)://home,getvera,com/device/gotouihttp?xkey=45046187170570987665ab1-----------------------:slight_smile:

Then the URL changes to this and the dashboard loads.

vera-us-oem-relay12,mios,com/www/1.7.5185-en/?PK_Device=45046187&lang_code=en&ReturnUrl=aHR0cHM6Ly9ob21lLmdldHZlc-------------------------:slight_smile:

the actual URL are twice this long but works everytime I do it.

Good Luck

1 Like

Please stop telling them to do this. You are asking them to turn off an entire feature in chrome just to access your one url. I posted the direct fix above and it works. You just have to tell chrome to allow home.getvera.com.

Thanks

1 Like

@GreybeardVR is correct, if you have disabled HTTPS Upgrades enable it again.

Then do this instead.

Also I’ve just discovered why all my IP cameras stopped playing in the Ezlo dynamic Dashboard. Disabling HTTPS Upgrades breaks the playback on the tiles. After enabling this setting they started playing again.

Note - I’ve edited my comment and the support staff members comment above with an “Update”.

the certificate for home.getvera.com expired today (March 2nd 2024). Though based on the redirection issue it doesn’t seem to be the only security issue here. Ezlo has broken their promises on Vera every single time so not surprise they are breaking its support and functionality along the way. I am definitely not going to do an insecure work around for their website, I would sooner file a class action for breach of contract.

I really had no idea what I had stumbled on in this particular issue. I do wonder if this will be fixed. I did not like the idea of turning off the HTTPS functions so this work around with only one exception is a good option for now. I have just been deleting the https “s” and it still seems to work.

For now, allowing insecure content is the only way.
But this is fixable in a proper way, but it’s not so simple.