Any way to notify others if security system reports an intrusion?

I am very new to Z-wave. I will be building a new home and in addition to wiring it for Internet and cable, I want to begin installing Z-wave products for home automation and security. I currently live in a home where we have a FrontPoint security system. It is great, but requires a monthly fee. If I am rafting a river and out of cell coverage, I know that if there is a breaking and FrontPoint can’t reach me, they will call local law enforcement for a check.

From what I can tell from reading and Youtube videos, the Z-wave security systems using the Vera controllers will notify me if there is an intrusion. The problem is that there are times that I am not within cell coverage. Does anyone know if there is a way to have a Z-wave system notify law enforcement, or someone else besides me, if there is a breakin?

Thanks,

Terry Brown

Your z-wave system can notify any person you want but it have to be your friend or someone from your neighborhood.

[quote=“browntdb, post:1, topic:192625”]I am very new to Z-wave. I will be building a new home and in addition to wiring it for Internet and cable, I want to begin installing Z-wave products for home automation and security. I currently live in a home where we have a FrontPoint security system. It is great, but requires a monthly fee. If I am rafting a river and out of cell coverage, I know that if there is a breaking and FrontPoint can’t reach me, they will call local law enforcement for a check.

From what I can tell from reading and Youtube videos, the Z-wave security systems using the Vera controllers will notify me if there is an intrusion. The problem is that there are times that I am not within cell coverage. Does anyone know if there is a way to have a Z-wave system notify law enforcement, or someone else besides me, if there is a breakin?

Thanks,

Terry Brown[/quote]

Hi Terry, congratulations on your new house!

He will be offering a Central Monitoring Service to go along with your Vera system very soon. There will be a monthly service charge for this but it will do all that you asked for. Look for an annoucement in our official announcement are here in the forum and on Facebook.

That is great news! Thanks. I see Vera and Z-Wave in my future!

Terry