Any news at the CES 2017

CES 2017 !
Any news from MCV / Vera this year ?
Would be nice. Hardware ? UI ?

Found this with about 13 seconds of googling

‘possibly’ things will happen! hahahaha

If years of Vera history has done anything, it taught us ‘nothing’ of value will occur. :wink:

I must warn anyone who is not well experienced with the ways of Vera at CES to take any announcement from Vera with a huge grain of salt. Vera has historically failed to deliver on CES announcements within a year at least, and often much more.

Here is an example of what they were peddling in 2013 and still haven’t fully delivered four years later.

Vera Plus was announced at CES 2013, didn’t ship until February 2016 and still doesn’t live up to its promises in 2017. Only yesterday, I say a post that the Vera Plus is still not available in an Australian version.

Absolutely DO NOT delay any planned purchase based on what Vera announces this week. It will be a very long time before they deliver and you will be disappointed when and with what they finally deliver.

LOL, that is so true!

[quote=“Aaron, post:3, topic:195006”]‘possibly’ things will happen! hahahaha

If years of Vera history has done anything, it taught us ‘nothing’ of value will occur. ;-)[/quote]

Delivering over-reaching promises isn’t the sole and exclusive habit of Vera. Vaporware is the most common product at that show.

Over reaching is one thing but Vera LLCs public claims and goal statements are more akin to pure fantasy.

I’ve worked in system consulting and hardware /software development for 19 years (1997 I started at Microsoft)… No exaggeration, I cannot figure out how vera stays in business. They must make thier money from licensing to other companies like Bosch. Cuz thier public facing development is possibly the worst I’ve ever seen for a company that hasn’t gone under. Heck, I have seen many good dev companies go under

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks for info.
Yes, I know the drill, several years…
If they would make ui7 as good as ui5 it would progress,… back to the future.
Regards
CE (my initials actually)