[Another] VeraPlus bricked after firmware upgrade...

Not many new posts here, but I have come across my problem just 2 days ago, having accepted the new updates, which deleted all my devices. Waiting for 2 days for the support guys to reply, no response so far. The tech support is enabled. As I’m new to this and have many devices working with RF controller (which got deleted too) and others quite remote, needing pairing close to the controller, it’s quite difficult and frustrating. Hope to hear from you soon, Vera

Quick update - the support has been able to restore all my devices from the backup. Thank you for that

1 Like

Hi i think I might have bricked my box. It only has the power light flashing and nothing else.

I have tired to hard reset, but nothing works, any ideas

I had my Vera Plus bricked after the stable FW update. I came from the last stable FW version.Now, only the power light is lit.

Is there a way, since it has been two days since I contacted support but with no answer back yet, to access it? I have been reading about ssh. Never did that. Is there a set of instructions so I can follow and try myself fix it? Any advice is really appreciated

Just tagging it @Sorin

I’m not aware of an unbrick :frowning:
C

I friend, sorry to hear about this. I gave a heads up to the support team.

Thank you! I will keep you guys informed

Same here. i have an email into support. hope to hear from them soon.

After support, it was declared “software defective” and needed to be replaced. No way to “unbrick” it.

After my VeraPlus bricked, I bought a new one. Fresh out of the box started the setup. Came to the upgrade firmware page. Clicked updated firmware and reset unit to factory defaults. Another brick. Power light flashing only. I cant be this unlucky. I am using an iMac with Catalina with the latest firefox.
Could it be a browser issue? I am totally lost.
I have a voicemail into support but I know they wont be able to see it as it will not respond to ping.

Flagging for @Sorin

I can’t however, see how this can be an OS / Browser issue

C

Sorry about this, heaving the tech team look this up. Do you also have a ticket I can direct them to?

After waiting 45 mins on the wait 15 mins screen before cycling power, Calling Tech support and leaving voice mail. Multiple power cycles, Multiple push the reset button 6 times, nothing helped. Tech support called back about an hour later. As I was explained the issue low and behold I see the VeraPlus just start to boot. Tech support didn’t do anything yet. I cant explain it. I wish I had a clue how it magically booted. It now has the latest firmware and I have power cycled the unit multiple times, restored my backup, tested devices and all is well. Maybe the initial wait 15 mins needs to be 1.5 hours??
Thanks,

Hi

Since today I’m another victim of the KILLER UPGRADE!!!

my vera plus has only power led on…and no ping…no response from http…nothing

Already wrote to customer care…I hope they can find a solution…and quick!!!

OT

Add me to the dead victim list of the killer firmware upgrade.

Why the heck is this not pulled ???

Sorry to hear that … it is a very frustrating experience to go through. It was the turning point for me to begin moving off Vera. Tech Support couldn’t fix my VeraPlus after the update failed and said they’ll look into replacing it. I saw what the tech was trying to do and I ended up fixing it myself. I’ve been using a Vera since 2013 and like it for the most part, but after that upgrade experience - never again. That was the one and only firmware upgrade I did on the VeraPlus. And ultimately the last. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

Before I took the plunge (into upgrading to firmware 7.0.31) It was a very tense two weeks of hand-wringing and Forum reading!

I remember carefully pruning every last bit of unneeded Vera fluff – old plug-ins, unneeded Scenes, offline devices, orphaned folders, etc. – before even LOOKING at the “Upgrade” screen. And even then, walking away a dozen times before committing.

There’s been no official word, of course, on the total body count after the carnage some Vera users experienced. Thankfully, most of the major injuries seemed to be non-lethal, but no question some did not make it, and I’m sorry to hear you are (or almost were) among them.

Did you go so far as to Factory Reset your Vera and attempt to Restore a saved known-good configuration from Mios servers? Or was your “fix” more complicated than that?

I choose firmware update w/factory reset.

Should be labeled “press here to brick”.

WHY IS VERA PUSHING FIRMWARE THAT BRICK DEVICES ???

AND, WHY NOT PUBLISH HOW TO FIX, IF POSSIBLE ???

1 Like

Hit that “Need Help!” button up top, my friend. Hope they can resuscitate the patient!

1 Like

Hi - just upgraded my firmware on my VeraEdge and now it is stuck on a powercycle with the power light blinking non-stop. Does that mean it is bricked and has a solution been found? @Sorin