Another "Startup Lua Failed"...

I uninstalled both PLEg and PLC, restarted my Vera and then reinstalled everything again. Now it seems to work.

RichardTSchaefer, your plugins are great but why in heavens name do they break with every update?! I can’t use PLEG (and I really want to - Veras built in scene control is sorely lacking) for controlling my home if it breaks twice a week! :S

I have yet to receive a log from you … So I have no idea what problem you are encountering.

It is extremely rare that I would recommend to EVER uninstall/re-install a plugin to solve a problem.
If I did, that means I punted … and didn’t fix the real problem.

It is not the expected behavior for upgrades to break your PLEG/PLTS devices.

I really appreciate you trying to help earlier (when I DID send my log) but the problem is that I can’t keep sending you my logs every time PLEG breaks down (and it have started to do this quite often, and the only things that change in my configuration is the updates). I am not a beta tester, just a novice user trying to get a stable system. Obviously your updates breaks something in my (and others) systems. JFYI.

For me a stable working environment is critical because I am often away.

So, I have turned off the Auto Update on all of my apps, knowing that sometimes there are issues.

Then, I save a backup every time I make a (successful) change. When the new version is released, I update it and check it supervised and have the backup to return to if I have any issue.

You may want to consider this.

Like any software release, it is impossible for the developer to test every configuration out in the application’s world (unless that world is very small ;)).

Yes, that is good advice. I will turn off the auto update from now on…

However, it seems RichardTSchaefer plugins have some serious issues.

[quote=“n0ir, post:25, topic:181211”]Yes, that is good advice. I will turn off the auto update from now on…

However, it seems RichardTSchaefer plugins have some serious issues.[/quote]

Perhaps, but well worth the effort. Staying on top of updates becomes less of an issue if you have auto-update off.

I guess a nice-to-have would be a broadcast email to licensed users from Richard when an update happens, rather than just a post on the forum.

I guess a nice-to-have would be a broadcast email to licensed users from Richard when an update happens, rather than just a post on the forum.
On my todo list.