Another DSC PGM Question

I just set up my DCS and veralite systems. I’m still brand new to all this.
I have been searching for sometime but cannot seem to find what I want. I have also not seen anyone say It cant be done.

The goal is to have my entrance gate open when The chime function key (set as PGM1) on my keypad is pressed.

-I have my PGM setup to output with *71 and set the Chime function key on my keypad to output PGM1 as well. I have a zwave relay in my gate that is working.

-from my eyezon account I can see that the command output is recorded as a log through my envisalink3

I scoured the forums and understand this is used to send the command to activate the PGM. However I still dont even know where this needs to go YET.

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1", "SendCommand", {Command = "071", Data="1*71"}, 61)

I know that I can use a low voltage relay combined with a hardwired zone to act as a trigger, which in turn can be used to open the gate. But, is there a way to do this with out the relay???

Can a device be created that can actually see the status + control the PGM output when activated from from the DSC keypad?

Thanks in advance!

Have you looked at a MIMOlite? This may do what you need it to do. Have the PGM feed into the input of the MIMOlite and control the gate thru the relay. The relay would also be able to be controlled with the Vera controller. You should be able to get a status of the gate at all times thru the MIMOlite regardless of how it was triggered. This should eliminate the need for a separate relay since the MIMOlite would be the relay. I do not have one of these devices but I have looked into them for my set-up and I think this is what you need.

Sorry for the very brief statements, but middle of night here so I will be short.

Create a scene and this is where you record the commands to send to trigger the PGM. Add an exit # as I describe here,

You can use a Virtual switch to trigger the Scene but remember to include a delay to set back to off.

The watching the PGM is included in the TPI; however, it would require significant changes to the code baseline to include child devices for the PGMs used and then triggering. General accepted that the use of the relay has been adopted as the course of action.

[quote=“Brientim, post:3, topic:187365”]Sorry for the very brief statements, but middle of night here so I will be short.

The watching the PGM is included in the TPI; however, it would require significant changes to the code baseline to include child devices for the PGMs used and then triggering. General accepted that the use of the relay has been adopted as the course of action.[/quote]

I went out and purchased two relays yesterday and have it hooked up. Its working fine with these little guys hooked up. Im just still surprised many more people are trying to get at the option to have the pgm’s called up as a device and not need a relay. I already downloaded some TPI guide from the envisalink guys. However, that is still way beyond my scope (for now). In the mean time im going to keep using the relay while I start studying programing for LUUP and arduino.

…or wait till someone who has done the coding comes across this post.

thanks

Believe me, the person who developed the DSC would have read this thread and all others too.

Ok how about this. Is it possible to use one of the FIRE/SILENT/ ALARM POLICE/ buttons as a trigger for a scene?

Seriously, the best option in my opinion is either Multiswitch which enable a momentary switch control or a virtual switch which is then using delay set back to off.

They are then used as a trigger in the scene and use you luup code above.

[quote=“Brientim, post:7, topic:187365”]Seriously, the best option in my opinion is either Multiswitch which enable a momentary switch control or a virtual switch which is then using delay set back to off.

They are then used as a trigger in the scene and use you luup code above.[/quote]

Yea i get you on that part. right now I just have a scene (triggered by zone 3 via pgm) to turn on then immediately turn off the relay controlling the gate. Its working fine.

But i think you were missing my point. I want to control devices around my house directly from my alarm keypad. I wanted to do this 1. without having to use relays and 2. to be able to use more than just PGM1 and PGM1 to be able to control more devices. I was just asking if it would be possible to use one of the three emergency buttons as a trigger to do this.

You’re correct. I was looking from Vera not from the keypad…

So, you could try this:
Set a trigger against the DSC Alarm Panel
Select What type of event is the trigger?:
Fire. Aux Panic etc…

See if this meet the desired design outcome

[quote=“dpancer, post:8, topic:187365”][quote=“Brientim, post:7, topic:187365”]Seriously, the best option in my opinion is either Multiswitch which enable a momentary switch control or a virtual switch which is then using delay set back to off.

They are then used as a trigger in the scene and use you luup code above.[/quote]

Yea i get you on that part. right now I just have a scene (triggered by zone 3 via pgm) to turn on then immediately turn off the relay controlling the gate. Its working fine.

But i think you were missing my point. I want to control devices around my house directly from my alarm keypad. I wanted to do this 1. without having to use relays and 2. to be able to use more than just PGM1 and PGM1 to be able to control more devices. I was just asking if it would be possible to use one of the three emergency buttons as a trigger to do this.[/quote]

[quote=“Brientim, post:9, topic:187365”]You’re correct. I was looking from Vera not from the keypad…

So, you could try this:
Set a trigger against the DSC Alarm Panel
Select What type of event is the trigger?:
Fire. Aux Panic etc…[/quote]

yes! They are there. I was using “Partition 1” as a device instead of “DSC Alarm Panel”. I should have played with it a bit more before asking.

Anyway thanks for you time and help.

Just ensure you look at the programming guide for your DSC as the function keys have default use, I.e 2 second press and put system in to alarm state… Some parts are configurable.

Wireless. Key fob and four button wireless are more configurable to what outputs are achievable

[quote=“Brientim, post:11, topic:187365”]Just ensure you look at the programming guide for your DSC as the function keys have default use, I.e 2 second press and put system in to alarm state… Some parts are configurable.

Wireless. Key fob and four button wireless are more configurable to what outputs are achievable[/quote]

yea im on that right now actually. Fire and Panic has the option to disable audible alarm and reporting, but it doesn’t look like Auxiliary (medical) has that option.