Android counterpart?

Hey,

finally switched from iPhone to Android; Is there something like the iPhone Locator plugin available for Android users ?

Thanks,
Martin

You have (at least) 2 options. Autolocation in combination with tasker (well worth looking into), and Veraproximity. I have been using the tasker / autolocation combination for a few months now, and it is working fine. Tasker is a very powerful tool, there is nothing like it for the iphone. With tasker you can automate your phone, and it works together with Authomation and/or Autovera, so you can control Vera either direct with your phone or automated via tasker. I use autolocation geofence to determine when I am home, and then tasker will turn my Vera to home or away

Thanks a lot Mikee!

Brgds,
Martin

Or Vera Proximity

Vera Proximity is very nice and works good for geofence.

I used to use taker and autolocation. I was ok but It’s more complicated I think. The advantage is people use Tasker for alot of other things too. I personally haven’t found anything else I need it for so I switched to “VP” for the best of just doing geofencing in VERA.

Tried Vera Proximity briefly; then tasker with AutoVera and AutoLocation - wow! Works perfectly. Tasker is an amazing tool - I’m really sorry for the iOS users on this one.

I loved the iPhone, but after switching to Android, and after discovering Tasker there is no way back for me. Only problem is my Tasker is growing and growing… I keep finding new uses. I have now discovered autovoice… no switching everything to voice control with tasker and autovoice. Only problem I have lately with autolocation (I had the same with Vera Proximity though so might be a google problem) I keep jumping out of my geofences randomly without moving. Never had a problem until about a month ago, never touched the fences though. I will need to contact the developer to see if he knows why

I really just need to see what everyone is useing tasker for, I’m sure i might find something cool to do with it.

The more you use tasker the more ideas you get. From switching the pin code off when coming home or arriving at work, opening apps based on location, reading sms to you when you are in the car, Vera voice control, these are just a few things i use it for. And obviously telling Vera if i am home or away

I never use a PIN code, but I probley should and I see where this can help. Problem is I should lock it but 90% I’ll just be pissed I added another step to opening my phone. But if something does happen tho I’ll wish I had it locked. You know how that goes. Then comes to the Lock or unlock depending on location. Home unlocked sounds good. Work I’m not sure some, of these idiots and paranksters here need it to be locked. But I’m here most of the day and would hate to have it locked here.

Reading SMS in the car is good as I’m guility of using my phone while driving (don’t think reading SMS will stop me) but who knows how will be in the car with me while one of my friends sends me something that my kid, wife, parent or boss shouldn’t hear. Does it tell you whose texting and let you choose to read it or not?

Some Ideas sound cool, but after short use I seem realize that one or 2 down falls seem to just send me back to my normal semi-smart phone.

I’ll probley play around with these again. I already paid for autolocation and such just need to install and play again during my free time. Thanks for he Ideas, throw some more out if think of it.

I am pretty sure you can have a tasker profile which can sort which sms to read and which not. I am quite sure you can have the caller id in a variable which you can then use in your tasker logic. I think i have seen that, but have not used it myself. I am still learning… Mine is set to tell me who the sms is from, then read the message to me.