android auto

Just recieved my new car and found out it has “android auto” in it.

It would be cool if I can add Imperihome somehow via the car screen. Anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks,
Cor

I don’t think this is going to ever happen, you will learn very quickly that android auto is very limited. Even mainstream apps doesn’t just work.

It’s best used for Google Maps, Spotify, Pandora and such.

Google Assistance work to control my Vera/Google Home but once android auto is connected, I can issue the command through the vehicle either. Perhaps something to do with regulation or else it would be an easy hack to even stream video to your android auto. Wouldn’t that be cool?

I heard allready that this android auto was very limited. Ashame , I was really looking forward to put imperihome on the dashboard screen to open , the gate , unlock my house … etc.

Nah ja , maybe in another 10 yeard :slight_smile:

I got a full android head unit

What is that? Got some more info?
Thanks,
Cor

There are loads of different types, just search ebay for android and your make of car

Ah … I see , But than I have to remove the whole screen and official navigation system in my new car … nope … not the best idea. I was hoping to use the system allready installed in my car.

Cor

[quote=“Cor, post:7, topic:196879”]Ah … I see , But than I have to remove the whole screen and official navigation system in my new car … nope … not the best idea. I was hoping to use the system allready installed in my car.

Cor[/quote]

Then unfortunately you are stuck with what your cars manufacture will give you. With new cars you are really stuck because they do everything. this strategy has killed the aftermarket car stereo industry. But if you are willing to investigate what is out there and accept the fact that you will have to customize some features, it may be possible to do it.
I trashed my whole car stereo / GPS and put an android tablet in my cars dash years ago and have loved it ever since.
I can do anything with it. With my phone being a hotspot, it works great.
Waze is better than any GPS in any car I have seen.

I like it. And I would probably do the same when I would have an older car.

I really thought autoandroid would almost as the normal android.

Cor