Android 6, can't view picture and video

Just get my phone with android 6. Using the same ID number, I can get notification from vera alerts. But I cannot open the picture or video file.
In my android 5 same ID, I can see the picture file is downloaded into phone local folder pictures/veraalert.
However in android 6, I do not see this folder. Hence no file is downloaded.

Any ideas? Or any1 success get the vera alerts working in android 6?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have you Verified your credentials ?
Can you list your Vera ID ?

Yup, I have run verify, get my vera ID credential until it says “done”. Just curios does vera alerts anyway create veraalert folder on pictures, means that if I do not see that folder, I will get the error “problem connecting vera”

Hi Guys, anyone has similar issue? I checked the log file, the problem lays on the picture cannot be downloaded to phone. While it is successfully sent from vera. I try to create local folder vera alerts in sdcard where it store the picture normally but it still can’t download the pic. Any work around on this issue?

Vera Alerts does NOT send the picture … It sends information about the Picture.
The Vera Alerts Mobile App then uses this information to make a REMOTE request using your credentials to DOWNLOAD the picture.

The problem can be:

1. The picture does not get saved (memory problems, wrong device ID, etc) on the Vera Side.
    To debug this turn debugging on on the Vera Alerts Plugin and monitor the Vera Log file (A reload is needed after turning on debugging)
  2. There is a problem (wrong credentials, or some other problem) on the Mobile side.
    To debug this turn on Debugging on the Vera Alerts app … Stop the App and then restart it.
    Look, Review, Mail the log file.

Wrote this in a different thread also, but just as relevant here too.

Richard,

I’ve been having a play with this (and read the other stuff on another thread), here’s what I can diagnose:

VeraAlert picture/video integration is working fine from UI7 (latest build/addin) on Android 4.2.2 Galaxy Tab 10
On the same system/network, VeraAlert is not sending any picture/video running Android 6.0.1 Galaxy S6 (not able to check on 5.x.x)
On 6.0.1 the VeraAlert directory is NOT created upon install (but on the 4.2.2 system it IS created under the SD/Pictures folder)
On 6.0.1 the ‘Vera Alert’ debug directory is also NOT created upon install, or when turning on DEBUG
No DEBUG logs can therefore be sent because nothing gets created
The picture/video files are created correctly on the Vera server under the /tmp/log/cmh folder ready to be picked up
Credentials on the 6.0.1 client are the same as the 4.2.2 client, both verified
A long push on the file icon on the 6.0.1 client reports the same filename as that stored on the /tmp/log/cmd folder
I suspect this is a local access permissions thing going on with 6.x of Android
I’ve tried manually creating the directories but still get the ‘Problems contacting Vera’ message, also done the uninstall/re-install dance and still no local directory under 6.0.1
My conclusion is therefore that 6.x clients CAN actually contact Vera and fetch the correct file, but this error is coming because the local 6.x client won’t allow the file to be stored locally for viewing

Happy to test further if you can patch a field test file for me (for the debug at least).

Cheers

D

Hi,

I have finally got it working. I am using Samsung S7 Edge, I need to manually set the permission of the vera alerts to access my local sdcard via android setting - application - application manager - vera alerts - permissions - enable the storage.

then vera alerts work like a charm…

hope it works for you also.

sorry for not posting earlier…

[quote=“sapiloncat”]Hi,

I have finally got it working. I am using Samsung S7 Edge, I need to manually set the permission of the vera alerts to access my local sdcard via android setting - application - application manager - vera alerts - permissions - enable the storage.

then vera alerts work like a charm…

hope it works for you also.

sorry for not posting earlier…[/quote]
Thanks for the post. Setting the permission fixed the issue for me as well!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

[quote=“sapiloncat, post:7, topic:191667”]Hi,

then vera alerts work like a charm…[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for that finding! Solved my problem as well.

@Richard: maybe something you can look into for an Android app update. If I am not mistaken, this is directly related to the new way Marshmallow handles app permissions.