Altsteon "Device not Ready" issue

Hey everyone,

I have Veralite and UI5 and installed Altsteon following the guide which is pretty simple. I’m able to get devices added and working no problem. The issue I have though is after a day or so, sometimes less, no Insteon device will work. They all just say “Device not ready”.

From the CLI I can turn lights on and off and the daemon is still running. Restarting it does nothing and rebooting doesn’t fix it either. If I delete the PLM device and add it again, then it all works fine for a few hours then back to “Device not responding.”

Tried google but didn’t really find anything other than a forum post on here with troubleshooting tips, none of which help me at all. Is it possible that a device could be messing things up? I have the altsteon daemon set to run at startup as well. The weird thing is how I can set it all up, have it all working, reboot the Vera make changes etc keeps working, then suddenly just stops and nothing brings it back without recreating the device.

Are there logs or anything that show the actual error that the Vera is having?

I had similar issues when my devices weren’t linked correctly. Make sure all devices are linked as controllers and responders.

Thanks Joey, forgot about this post. I reinstalled everything a week ago and do far so good. The only thing I did different was I didn’t install the weather bug plugin this time but I don’t that had anything to do with it. Been stable for a week now so far.