ALTHue : Feature Requests

I may have to give this a try. I pulled my Hue lights out of Vera and into Home Assistant because the Vera plugin kept dropping the Hub.

Any chance of a revamped Lutron Caseta plugin???. The RadioRA2 is ok… but not great. I have a Caseta and Caseta PRO hub, so thankfully I’m good to go with Vera with RadioRA2 from the PRO hub. But it would be nice to have the option of the other hub as well.

[quote=“jeubanks, post:1, topic:199107”]I may have to give this a try. I pulled my Hue lights out of Vera and into Home Assistant because the Vera plugin kept dropping the Hub.

Any chance of a revamped Lutron Caseta plugin???. The RadioRA2 is ok… but not great. I have a Caseta and Caseta PRO hub, so thankfully I’m good to go with Vera with RadioRA2 from the PRO hub. But it would be nice to have the option of the other hub as well.[/quote]

I am not familiar with lutron and I can only realistically adresse plugin for devices that I own

Regarding althue, it is very stable for me right now I have 4 lamps including one led strip and 1 motion sensor

[quote=“amg0, post:1, topic:198905”]. . .
Install and Setup instructions can be found here : https://github.com/amg0/ALTHue/blob/master/Doc/ALTHue%20Philips%20Hue%20plugin.pdf[/quote]

Yipee! I was ready to buy a Hue system based on your work, but . . . I read the document.
Right off the document says “no UI5”

My Vera3 is UI5 with AltUI (and must remain UI5)
My Raspberry Pi3 is openLuup/AltUI

Does this exclude me from the fun?

Thanks,
Chris

[quote=“ChrisTheC, post:3, topic:199107”][quote=“amg0, post:1, topic:198905”]. . .
Install and Setup instructions can be found here : https://github.com/amg0/ALTHue/blob/master/Doc/ALTHue%20Philips%20Hue%20plugin.pdf[/quote]

Yipee! I was ready to buy a Hue system based on your work, but . . . I read the document.
Right off the document says “no UI5”

My Vera3 is UI5 with AltUI (and must remain UI5)
My Raspberry Pi3 is openLuup/AltUI

Does this exclude me from the fun?

Thanks,
Chris[/quote]

UI5 yes ( although the effort should no be that much, probably just writing a UI5 .json file and a small .lua change )
openluup : not tested but it should work nicely. it does work nicely with ALTUI
EDIT : v0.5 brings a bit of functionality, all minus RGB devices which are seen as std dimmers

I have tested with the latest openLuup/latest AltUI/Hue v2 bridge, and the the plugin does not work as-is… It seems that openLuup does not populated the “data_command_url” variable for the javascript environment.

Manually adding the variable definition to the J_ALTHUE.js file (not the correct solution) resolves the problem, and the plugin then works under openLuup.

var data_command_url = "/data_request?";

NB: Actually… the “data_command_url” variable should probably be “data_request_url”, as the former seems to have been deprecated years ago…

I have tested with the latest openLuup/latest AltUI/Hue v2 bridge, and the the plugin does not work as-is… It seems that openLuup does not populated the “data_command_url” variable for the javascript environment.

Manually adding the variable definition to the J_ALTHUE.js file (not the correct solution) resolves the problem, and the plugin then works under openLuup.

var data_command_url = "/data_request?";

NB: Actually… the “data_command_url” variable should probably be “data_request_url”, as the former seems to have been deprecated years ago…[/quote]

did you take the latest github ALTUI ?. I kind of remember making such a change

Yes, I did… You seem to have missed one occurrence… line 312.

PS: Wait… I misread… You stated ALTUI, I read ALTHUE…

The ALTUI version I used is from March 25. (your last update to J_ALTUI_api.js was on the 26th - AltUI/openLuup did not notify of an update.)

Although, in J_ALTHUE.js, you have five references to “data_request_url” and one reference to “data_command_url”… a correct fix could be to change the spurious reference. This would resolve the issue for anyone running a slightly older version of AltUI.

Yes work in progress

@ChrisTheC

I have a version for UI5 on github, it sorts of work with the following problems

• RGB lights managed as std dimmer lights, when I use D_DimmableRGBLight1.xml for the device file it crashes so I use the std dimmer on UI5
  • the user interface of the settings tab is not nice at all, it needs some rework for UI5 but if you use ALTUI, even on your UI5 box, then the user interface will be proper ( essentially UI5 behaves as UI7 )

cf my UI5 screen shot

Pulled from github and installed. Working nicely! Kudo’s on the work.

@amg0

Just a heads-up… Your “RefreshHueData” routine is having trouble processing sensor data. My Hue Brideg has several “phantom” temperature and light level sensors. The device data for these sensors contains null data, and this causes the refresh process to crash. (Note: I am testing under openLuup, but it should be the same issue for a real Vera…)

Can you please send me the content of the setting tab called ? dump ?

Great, on what kind of setup ?

Attached…

[quote=“amg0, post:9, topic:199107”]@ChrisTheC

I have a version for UI5 on github, it sorts of work with the following problems

• RGB lights managed as std dimmer lights, when I use D_DimmableRGBLight1.xml for the device file it crashes so I use the std dimmer on UI5
  • the user interface of the settings tab is not nice at all, it needs some rework for UI5 but if you use ALTUI, even on your UI5 box, then the user interface will be proper ( essentially UI5 behaves as UI7 )[/quote]

amg0,
Good Morning (from UTC -4:00)
Thanks for the promising news. Could, should, . . . and (in time) will work.
Now to order the hardware . . . :slight_smile:
Chris

Great, on what kind of setup ?[/quote]

Currently on my primary VeraPlus with latest UI7

Great plugins. I have been waiting for hue motion sensors for 2 years.

[quote=“cybrmage, post:11, topic:199107”]@amg0

Just a heads-up… Your “RefreshHueData” routine is having trouble processing sensor data. My Hue Brideg has several “phantom” temperature and light level sensors. The device data for these sensors contains null data, and this causes the refresh process to crash. (Note: I am testing under openLuup, but it should be the same issue for a real Vera…)[/quote]

can you please try 0.7
if problem persists, please enable DEBUG mode, reload luup and give me the log file

thx. motion and also temperature, light sensor ( the Hue motion sensor is a great piece of HW and include the 3 sensors )

[quote=“amg0, post:18, topic:199107”][quote=“cybrmage, post:11, topic:199107”]@amg0

Just a heads-up… Your “RefreshHueData” routine is having trouble processing sensor data. My Hue Brideg has several “phantom” temperature and light level sensors. The device data for these sensors contains null data, and this causes the refresh process to crash. (Note: I am testing under openLuup, but it should be the same issue for a real Vera…)[/quote]

can you please try 0.7
if problem persists, please enable DEBUG mode, reload luup and give me the log file[/quote]

i had the same problem, refresh didn’t work, for me 0.7 fixed it. I am very happy with your plugin now thx for the work!