AltAppStore Icon Mystery

@amg0,

@rafale77 called my attention to the SiteSensor icon being broken in the AltUI list of plugins. But it shows up correctly in the AltAppStore itself, and the URL in the plugin configuration in the store is also correct. Interestingly, the broken icon URL prepends apps.mios.com, which seems odd, and the rest of the URL refers to a location for the icon that has not been valid for some months. I can’t find this reference anywhere. Can you provide some help on where this is hiding/sourced, and how I can get it corrected?

Images attached:
Capture2.png - shows broken icon in AltUI plugins list
Capture3.png - shows broken URL
Capture.png - shows URL in AltAppStore configuration

Note that new URL (in third image), is HTTPS, not HTTP, and has the “assets” directory preceding the “sitesensor” directory, rather than following it (I changed both the protocol and the directory structure for all of my plugin images). The broken URL makes reference to the old structure and non-SSL protocol.

[quote=“rigpapa, post:1, topic:199219”]@amg0,

@rafale77 called my attention to the SiteSensor icon being broken in the AltUI list of plugins. But it shows up correctly in the AltAppStore itself, and the URL in the plugin configuration in the store is also correct. Interestingly, the broken icon URL prepends apps.mios.com, which seems odd, and the rest of the URL refers to a location for the icon that has not been valid for some months. I can’t find this reference anywhere. Can you provide some help on where this is hiding/sourced, and how I can get it corrected?

Images attached:
Capture2.png - shows broken icon in AltUI plugins list
Capture3.png - shows broken URL
Capture.png - shows URL in AltAppStore configuration

Note that new URL (in third image), is HTTPS, not HTTP, and has the “assets” directory preceding the “sitesensor” directory, rather than following it (I changed both the protocol and the directory structure for all of my plugin images). The broken URL makes reference to the old structure and non-SSL protocol.[/quote]

Check the plugin section in your user_data structure ( do the http get documented in vera wiki to get it ). It could be wrong in the device JSON or even in the app.mios.com plugin description screen.

This is the problem…

The plugin was originally put into the AltAppStore with the old URL, and with HTTP, not HTTPS, which is treated differently. I noticed this and actually changed it to HTTPS in the store. Subsequently, you obviously changed this too, and the location, but not before @rafale77 and others had downloaded it.

As in Vera, the information is stored in the InstalledPlugins2 structure (which you can inspect with /data_request?id=user_data2)

You can fix it by deleting the plugin from the Plugins page, and re-installing from the store, or manually patching the structure in-memory:

local u = require "openLuup.userdata"
local p = u.attributes.InstalledPlugins2
local x =p[9]  -- need to use the right index here
x.Icon = "https://whatever"

No mystery!