Alexa won't discover any devices

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting Alexa to discover my smart home devices? I’ve followed the instructions to add the skill and link my Amazon and Vera accounts. However, no matter what I do I cannot get Alexa to discover any of my devices. I’ve removed the skill and relinked multiple times. I’ve selected different combinations of devices to control from the Alexa Management page. The firmware on the controller is up to date and I’ve cycled the power on the controller. Thus far nothing has worked.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Just to confirm, you are in the U.S.?

Also, after setting which Vera devices Alexa can see, and enabling the skill, are you then using the Alexa discovery within the Alexa app?

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Yes I am in the US. I was never able to get the app to discover the devices. However, when asked Alexa to discover them using a voice command it found them…

Hello,

@jmhitchcock, we have open a ticket about this matter in our system, please reply over the email when you have time.

Hello,

I am having this problem. Having followed the instructions, The app reports ‘discovery failed’. I tried using voice command, and Alexa comes back with “sorry I couldn’t find any smart connected devices. Makes sure you’ve installed the smart Alexa skill”.

Can anyone help?

Sups