Alexa app update

The latest version allows doors to be unlocked with a voice code. Not yet supported by Vera. Perhaps the next update. The app also supports controlling devices from within the app. Dimmers work fine, but binary switches and outlets report “Device is unresponsive”. A Vera issue, also? Perhaps the next update, too.

Good morning Peter,

Please note that we have opened a trouble ticket in our system for this subject, please reply there.

Thank you.

Hi,

Helen not sure a new ticket is needed, there are several threads on this topic, i even got this email (below) a couple of months ago but nothing posted so far on any progress?

Mike

[i]Mike,

Let me clarify/intermediate; skill does not support unlock, at present. Will be added in shortly, along w/ (long overdue) Echo Show and Echo Spot expansion.

Cheers,

Colin Burke McClure ▾ SVP Product & Innovation[/i]

I like the new features of the application Alexa, I think it’s interesting I hope it will be supported by Vera soon.

[size=8pt]___________________________________________________________________________________[/size]
[size=8pt]Minecraft Pocket Edition[/size] [size=8pt]Google Play Services[/size] [size=8pt]Counter-Strike[/size]

Came on here looking for this exact question. If I remember correctly, when the Alexa beta skill was first released the unlock feature was available and a following update quickly changed that citing Amazon policy/skill rules. Would it be possible to simply enable door unlocks now that Amazon verifies voice unlocks with a door code? Notifications for sensors would also be awesome. Thanks.