Alerts stopped working with Vera Alerts! (UPDATED - WORKING AGAIN AS OF 10/24/16

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:20, topic:194124”]Still not working. I opened a ticket in VeraMate Support Sunday and as of today, no contact.

In the meantime, I created a Pushover account and Vera Alerts is pushing to my phone once again. I have converted all of my alerts to Pushover and purchased a license today. I will probably continue to use Pushover even if VeraMate starts to work again.

One positive that I see I can remove the VeraMate Alerts plug-in and free up some memory.[/quote]
After you’ve lived with Pushover for a while, I’d appreciate an update on your experiences, pro and con.

From a Vera perspective, it is just a tweak to Vera Alerts. From a PLEG perspective, it meant redoing notifications because I used the VeraMate Alert’s device instead of the Vera Alerts device.

It seems to take a second or so longer for the alert to reach my phone, otherwise, it functions nearly the same.

From a phone perspective, you have to open a different app to look at notifications. I would have preferred to just open 1 app to see notifications and control Vera, however, Pushover manages the notifications much better in that you can keep them all and delete individual alerts, or keep as many as you want. VeraMate tended to keep all or delete all - not be selective.

Lastly, VeraMate gives you a date and time for a notification, and Pushover in summary gives the time, and older ones just the date. But when you open a notification, you get source, date, time - and get this, you can copy the notification to the clipboard, forward it (like in a text, email, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.), or delete.

Very happy with the product.

I am having the exact same issue from about the exact same time – immediately after the last Vera firmware update. Im going to open a support ticket as well. I hope @VeraMate is still active enough here to fix the notification issue for all of us :cry: