Alert when camera stops recording

Hi All,

I have 5 foscam fi9821p cameras with SD recording. I wonder if there is any command to send a notification if one of those cameras stops recording or stops responding.

I am thinking to set up a scene to run at 01:00AM to check status and send me an update. I am thinking this as one of my cameras stops recording (still working) a few days ago and I had to restart the camera.

Thanks.

[quote=“hellovn, post:1, topic:188069”]Hi All,

I have 5 foscam fi9821p cameras with SD recording. I wonder if there is any command to send a notification if one of those cameras stops recording or stops responding.

I am thinking to set up a scene to run at 01:00AM to check status and send me an update. I am thinking this as one of my cameras stops recording (still working) a few days ago and I had to restart the camera.

Thanks.[/quote]

Best option is get rid of the cheap foscams I started with 6 v2’s and still have a few in non important areas. Everything has slowly crapped out on them from IR’s to Wifi to freezing up. They actually did better when I moved to Blue IRIS and stop using any software features on the Foscams (processor in camera can’t multitask).

At this point I would say a z-wave outlet that every few days or less switches on and back off to reboot it might be your best option. Notification when not recording I think is impossible. I know when mine freeze they still respond to pings, but if your freeze and stop responding to any pings you can use a PING sensor plugin and have it ping the IP of the camera. This maybe hit or miss depending on what actually stops working on the foscam.