Alarm System Support for new user?

Please read up on the DSC Plugin:
DSC Alarm Panel

It’ll answer most of the basic questions.

For the most part, the Eyez-on portal just provides an alternative, additional, UI to work [externally] with your Alarm system… this is over-and-above what the DSC Plugin (above) provides.

The DSC plugin has no dependency upon the Eyez-on portal.

If you want more details about the EVL3, then you’ll need to join their forum to post questions directly there.

@hoops129, could you post a picture of the inside of your alarm panel, and maybe the box that Cox fitted? Also when was this all fitted? I’m wondering if you have some of the new Connect24 stuff?

Here’s a link to some pictures. The cox transceiver is on the bottom of the box. The DSC receiver on the right of the box is for some additional wireless devices that they added to my wired system. I don’t think it’s the Connect24- at least that was never brought up during the install and I asked a lot of questions.

I also have these thermostats connected to my alarm system

http://www.radiothermostat.com/documents/CT-30-Operation-19apr10.pdf

I’m wondering if I can connect them to my vera lite so I can just download the app plugin.

There is an app by @hugheaves for the 3M-50 but I believe will work with you system.

Author: hugheaves
Manufacturer: Radio Thermostat Corporation of Amercia
Using: Ethernet
License:
Price: free Provides support for the 3M-50 and other Radio Thermostat / Filtrete thermostats using the Wi-Fi USNAP module.

I have that app installed but I can’t figure out how to communicate with my thermostats. I’m guessing my thermostats are using z-wave, not wifi. But I don’t know how to tell.