Alarm Panels Integration with Vera

I was given the task to integrate all the top Alarm Panels with Vera, which means that in the end we must have plugins for the top alarm panels, fully implemented and completely polished, all using a clear standard, and with full documentation.

I will use the existing plugins where available and I will only modify them to conform with the latest version (2.1) of the standard created by guessed, futzle and digitalperk.

Currently there are plugins for the following panels:

[ul][li]DSC PowerSeries (PC1616, PC1832 and PC1864) - by guessed and Javier[/li]
[li]GE NetworX family (NX-4, NX-6, NX-8 and NX-8E) - by futzle[/li]
[li]Paradox EVO family (EVO48 and EVO192) - by guessed[/li]
[li]Elk M1 family (M1 Gold and M1EZ8) - by Alfonso[/li][/ul]

I attached the list with the panels. There are two additional panels from DSC, the PowerSeries9047 Wireless Alarm System (SCW9047) and the MAXSYS PC4020. I don’t know if the SCW9047 works with the existing plugin, if someone can tell me if it works or not I’d appreciate it.

The GE Concord 4 and the Honeywell Vista 20P are missing from the list because I don’t know yet if they can be integrated with Vera. I’m currently waiting for an answer from the manufacturers regarding the integration, and hopefully, they will send the programming manuals too.

If you know other important panels, let me know.

Note: I’d like to thank guessed, futzle and digitalperk for their great work on the interface standard.

Updates:

[ul][li]09/05/2011: Updated the panel list: added the GE Concord 4 and the Honeywell Vista panels.[/li][/ul]

I have a Honeywell Ademco Panel with the internet module that has an Ethernet port.
It provides a web page that I access on my LAN, I also have an ipod app for it
If It can be integrated with vera I would be very happy

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Vista-Internet-Connection-Module/dp/B0018XVRJQ

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=5996.msg35731#msg35731

[quote=“guessed, post:14, topic:167894”][quote=“TimAlls, post:13, topic:167894”]Does everyone still agree that at this time the DSC Alarm system is the best way to go if you want to interface with Vera?
The feedback is great in helping all of us pick out the right hardware for our projects!
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts[/quote]

At this time there are 4x Panels that either have integration, or are in the process. These are as listed below, in alphabetical order. The choice is a bit of a mixed bag, depending upon what you’re looking for in terms of current state, “ownership” (maintenance) of the code, etc, etc. I’ve tried to remain as neutral as possible in the definitions, but some may be considered opinion

DSC

[ul][li]Developer: currently ownerless, I’ve been updating, will be ownerless again once I give test-panel back to @strangely[/li]
[li]Standardization: “v2” interface prototype[/li]
[li]Connectivity: IT-100 Interface with either MiOS supported USB-Serial Adapter, or WIZnet type device[/li]
[li]Status: Alpha, Used only in tester’s homes, full source code published[/li]
[li]Comments: Readily available in the US[/li]
[li]Where: DSC Alarm Panel (Needs serious Doc revision)[/li][/ul]

Elk

[ul][li]Developer: alfonso[/li]
[li]Standardization: None[/li]
[li]Connectivity: Unknown[/li]
[li]Status: Unknown/In Development, no source code published[/li]
[li]Comments: Limited availability in the US, through specialized dealers[/li]
[li]Where: Unknown[/li][/ul]

GE Caddx Networkx

[ul][li]Developer: futzle[/li]
[li]Standardization: “v1” interface, being updated to “v2”[/li]
[li]Connectivity: NX-584 with either MiOS supported USB-Serial Adapter, or WIZnet type device[/li]
[li]Status: Production, used in Developer’s home, full source code published[/li]
[li]Comments: Readily available in the US[/li]
[li]Where: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_caddxnx584[/li][/ul]

Paradox Systems “EVO” Series

[ul][li]Developer: me[/li]
[li]Standardization: “v1” interface, being updated to “v2”[/li]
[li]Connectivity: APR-PRT3 with native USB cable, or MiOS supported USB-Serial Adapter, or WIZnet type device[/li]
[li]Status: Production, used in Developer’s home, full source code published[/li]
[li]Comments: Limited availability in the US, through specialized dealers[/li]
[li]Where: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_paradox-alarm[/li][/ul]

Corrections welcome.

Errors and omissions possible since I’m not 100% familiar with all devices listed.[/quote]

@mcvflorin,

I might have done some of the Partition 2.1 API work for you already for the GE Caddx panel, on a private branch. It’s brand new code, but if you can wait a few days then I can test it, and maybe save you some work.

Thanks, I plan on starting with the Elk M1 panel which will probably take a while to complete, so no problem.

Eagerly awaiting integration of Ademco Honeywell V20P to Vera

I have an Ademco 10SE panel.

I just got the NuTech AD2USB which interfaces with most Vista series panels and had started to work on integration. The AD2USB is a virtual keypad.

Vera sees the AD2USB adapter as a serial port without issue.

About once a second, it sends unsolicited messages that look like this:

[100000010000--------],002,[f70000008002001c08000000000000],"DISARMED READY TO ARM "

When a sensor get tripped, you’ll see additional messages like this:

[000000010000--------],003,[f70000008003000008000000000000],"FAULT 03 KITCHENSLIDING DOOR "
[000000010000--------],006,[f70000008006000008000000000000],"FAULT 06 GARAGE ENTRY DOOR "
[000000010000--------],006,[f70000008006000008000000000000],"FAULT 06 GARAGE ENTRY DOOR "
[100000010000--------],006,[f70000008006001c08000000000000],"DISARMED READY TO ARM "
[100000010000--------],006,[f70000008006001c08000000000000],"DISARMED READY TO ARM "

Presence of a FAULT message indicates that a sensor is tripped. If multiple sensors are tripped it cycles between the tripped sensors in order. The only way you have to know that a sensor has stopped being tripped is that it no longer sends the message, so you’d want to keep a state table.

It’s a virtual keypad, so the keys you send to it are like pressing something on a keypad.

Any word on the ELK plug-in? is it available to test?

Elk:
Developer: alfonso
Standardization: None
Connectivity: Unknown
Comments: Limited availability in the US, through specialized dealers
Where: Unknown

Any word on the ELK plug-in? is it available to test?

I’m working on it right now, but I’m also working on other things, so getting the plugin in a beta stage could take a week or two.

I am getting a Honeywell VISTA-128BP Alarm installed next week. The installer has guaranteed a an RS-232 serial interface. I have found to protocol online and I am planning on writing a plugin for it using the existing DSC and Paradox plugins as templates.

I am a Hardware/Software/FPGA developer in real life, so I am hoping this goes fairly smoothly. I have scoped out the code and think I have a fairly strong understanding of what is going to take, but I might have to post on the forums some.

Just giving you a heads up.

@mcvflorin,

I have the Vista 20p w/ICM and would like to see you include a plug-in for Ademco/Honeywell Alarm Panels. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help (i.e. testing, etc.). I have modified the html code from the ICM to allow arming and disarm the panel from my iphone with one button and it has been working out great for me. Maybe using the html interface (via the ICM) could be a plan b if you are not able to get your hands on the programming manuals, etc. Let me know what I can do to help.

From what I’ve found, there are 3 available interfaces for Ademco panels. There’s the official ICM (expensive, discontinued), the NuTech AD2USB, and the IpDataTel BAT (only works with newer panels, but has more advanced interface).

So I’m guessing there will ultimately be 3 different Ademco plugins. :slight_smile:

The GE Concord 4 and the Honeywell Vista 20P are missing from the list because I don't know yet if they can be integrated with Vera. I'm currently waiting for an answer from the manufacturers regarding the integration, and hopefully, they will send the programming manuals too.

Yes and no! The GE concord 4 is compatible for the Vera, as you know - you will need the automation module that uses a four conductor wire and coincides with the keypad bus.

The Ademco system works, but only the brand new Pulse approved 3000 panels which is almost like the Vista 20p. I have manuals for all systems and have installed the two panels quoted with Vera and works pretty well.

[quote=“dfad1469, post:10, topic:168218”]I am getting a Honeywell VISTA-128BP Alarm installed next week. The installer has guaranteed a an RS-232 serial interface. I have found to protocol online and I am planning on writing a plugin for it using the existing DSC and Paradox plugins as templates.

I am a Hardware/Software/FPGA developer in real life, so I am hoping this goes fairly smoothly. I have scoped out the code and think I have a fairly strong understanding of what is going to take, but I might have to post on the forums some.

Just giving you a heads up.[/quote]

You should use the latest standard for the partition file, which you can find here:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel/browser/tags/0.21
The file is S_AlarmPartition2.xml.

The discussion on this standard can be found here:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=3713.0

Yeah, I got the manual for the Superbus 2000 Automation Module.

Regarding the Ademco Vista series:

AD2USB adapter: http://www.nutech.com/online-store/35.html

Compatible with: Ademco Vista 10se, 20se, 15p, 20p, or 50p security systems

Instruction manual: http://www.nutech.com/images/fbfiles/files/ad2usbquickstartv2.pdf

JOD.

Hi mcvflorin,

I’m still too much of a “newbie” to be able to reply to your IM. The best documentation for AD2USB is here:

http://www.nutech.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=74&func=view&catid=4&id=5

I have one of the AD2USB’s that I would be willing to send to MCV to add support for the ADEMCO panels.

Anything going on with the Ademco/Honeywell Vista plugin development?
I am trying to decide to get a Vista 20P, or stay with my 2-Gig, I would like to go with the Vista, since the sensors, once exposed to Vera can be used to trigger scenes, but it looks like the plug in hasn’t made much progress

I also did find the “IP Bat” board, and a company selling them, they have remote support (arm/disarm, virtual keyboard to the alarm, etc) for $5.95/month and optional central station monitoring for $8.75/month, all done via your broadband internet connection. Not that we need all of that with Vera. It might also be possible to develop a Vera alarm plugin with the IP Bat as well, it interfaces via ethernet/keybus, so might be better for some installations (no USB limits, or having to run your keypad wire a long distance to the Vera)

http://www.alarmsystemstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IP-module&CartID=1

Mitch

@mitch672, which plugin are you refering to? The AD2USB or the RS232 plug in? I can send you over the beta of the RS232 plugin.

I was thinking of the AD2USB, I was thinking about getting the Vista 20P to test with it. I have a 2nd house (inherited), that I am about to put an alarm in, Zwave light switches in the entire house already.

I was originally going to install the “2 Gig”, but I think I have been talked out of that now, since the sensors can’t be exposed to Vera, and I don’t want to duplicate sensors.

I already have a Vista 6150 keypad (came with the prewire from the house construction), and the house is prewired, so was thinking of finishing it with the Vista 20P (which is overkill, but the panel prices are all very similar anyway)

At any rate, there are 2 options for the Ademco, the AD2USB or the IP Bat, RS-232 is not an option unless you move up to a Vista 128 or similar panel.

Mitch