After firmware upgrade 1.5.622: ERROR: Unknown error occured

After upgrade the firmware of my Vera Lite to 1.5.622 information in AuthomationHD (3.1.3.5) is no longer updated. When trying to refresh I get the message ‘an error occured. ERROR: Unknown error occured’. Commands are being sent (I’m able to turn lights on/off) however information on e.g. temperature are not being updated. After reinstalling AuthomationHD devices don’t appear. Can someone help to solve this problem?

I’m using VERA 1.5.622 and AuthomationHD 3.1.3.5) and everything is working fine here.

How are you connecting? Local, remote?

• Garrett

I’m connecting local

It sounds like there is something in the vera data that the app does not like. Would you be willing to send me your vera data for me to look at and see if I can reproduce the same issue?

http://www.authomation.net/documentation/troubleshooting

• Garrett

Hello Garrett, I’ve sent you an e-mail with the requested information

I’ve had the same issue for a while. I can’t get anything beyond Version 2.1.1.2 to work on any of my android devices. this was true even before the 1.5.622 MIOS firmware update. And every time there is an update to AuthomationHD in the play store, the version 2.1.1.2 that I am using dies and I have to uninstall and reinstall. My most critical device is Samsung Galaxy note II android 4.1.2.

I was finally able to look at your data and the bad news is that the data is not valid json format. Passing the data into a json validator, brings up errors and this is why my app has stopped working. When it tries to convert the json data into java compatible mapping, it freaks out. I think part of it has to do when you modified the json data, it broke the formatting. When fixing the formatting, It than has issues with the RFXtrx plugin data. So my conclusion is that the RFXtrx plugin has incompatible json formatting and needs to be fixed.

Do you happen to have the RFXtrx plugin installed as well? Can you provide me your user_data, so I can have a look?

http://www.authomation.net/documentation/troubleshooting

• Garrett

I don’t knowingly have the RFXtrx plugin installed. I searched for RFX in user_data and found nothing. I will email user data as a text file.

I think I found the problem. It has to do with the json parsing in the app. Both user data sent from pineisle and ojj91 contained an invalid value for one of their devices that is usually required and set by Vera. Since this value “parent id” was empty, the json parser was trying to convert it to an integer value and could not. I believe this usually happens when you have a device or plugin that was not configured or installed correctly. I will push out a beta update soon and if all goes well I’ll release for public consumption.

• Garrett