After disarming alarm can you have Vera switch to HOME mode?

If I were to disarm my alarm without selecting the HOME mode. For example, directly from the keypad or from the Eyezon app, is there a way to have that trigger Vera to automatically enter HOME mode?

I think you need the house modes plugin, but yes you can.

You have to be carful with your scenes when doing this, you can very easily get it in a loop. Make sure home from disarm only runs when you are in away.

I arm/disarm mine all using scenes triggered from geofence and scenes.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

[quote=“MLeBaugh, post:2, topic:191854”]I arm/disarm mine all using scenes triggered from geofence and scenes.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk[/quote]

So in your opinion what’s the best setup? I’m new to Vera and still learning, but have set up my alarm panel w/ everything and still find myself (and also my wife) using the eyezon app or the actual keypad. So in your instance, you only arm/disarm through Vera dashboard/home modes? Because even if you do it through Vera Devices, it still won’t trigger to go back into home mode.

If you have a minute can you walk me through your exact scene setup? Thanks!

I try not to touch remote apps if at all possible.

So my alarm will arm/disarm when the Vera is home/away. I can create scenes to do this based on the house modes plugin. The Vera is marked home/away based on the state of my and my wife’s phone. Our phones state is identified using a mulitswitch triggered by the Android app Vera proximity.

All of this combined means the alarm is active when we are both outside the geofence and disarmed when we arrive.

I can post the scenes required later this evening.

[quote=“MLeBaugh, post:5, topic:191854”]I can post the scenes required later this evening.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk[/quote]

That would be great… I’m starting out and trying to navigate my way and make things easier. I too, would rather not use multiple apps and just stick w/ Vera.

Sorry it took a while, I moved most of these scenes to PLEG. Previously I did have them setup using only the Vera scenes and had to look up my old notes.

If you want to keep the alarm panel and the vera in sync so to say you need 2 scenes and the house modes plugin. These are good for if you are manually setting the alarm.

1)Home when Disarmed
Trigger - evl3 is Disarmed
Device Actions - House Modes Plugin Home
This scene runs only when away

2)Away when Armed
Trigger - EVL3 is Armed
Device Actions - House Modes Plugin Away
This scene runs only when Home

If you want to use geofencing you’ll need to setup a multiswitch or virtual switch and a way to trip the switches. There are a number of ways that you can do this each with its own faults. VeraProximity is what I use, but is android only. Ping sensor or using your wifi router works for some, but i find that if my phone dies
it can cause some issues. Vera’s own geofencing in their app is garbage and does not work if you have more than one device. I won’t go into how to set these up here.

Once you have chosen and setup your geofencing you need 2 scenes (and add 2 house mode actions)

1. GeoHome
    Triggers whenever multiswitch1 or multswitch2 is turned on
    Device Actions - House modes plugin home
    This scene runs only when Away

2. GeoAway
    Triggers whenever multiswitch1 or multswitch2 is turned off
    Device Actions - None
    This scene runs only when Home
    Also, execute the following Luup code - 13 is the deviceid for my multiswitch. Replace this with your own

local phone1 = luup.variable_get("urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:MSwitch1","Status1", 13) local phone2 = luup.variable_get("urn:dcineco-com:serviceId:MSwitch1","Status2", 13) if (phone2 == "0" and phone2 == "0") then luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1","SetHouseMode", {Mode = 2}, 0) end

3/4) Since you are automatically moving the vera to home/away above you’ll need to run actions to arm. The easiest way to do this is to use the “My modes” this is located on the dashboard click the “>” next to My Modes. Under Home EVL3 should be listed as Turn Off and Away should be all on delay.

Also note if you are automatically arming the alarm, it will most likely end up going into “Stay” since no door is opened once the alarm is put into ARM. Auto-stay can be disabled with through *84 option 0.

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

I want to use GEOFENCING, but have two devices and we are on iPhones. I was reading that geofencing with two devices doesn’t work all the time. I tried the Iphone Locator plug-in but didn’t pinpoint my phone accurately.

I read somewhere there was an app for ios, I think it was veramate that may provide this function.