Aeotec ZW117 repeater not working ?

Anyone have experience with the above mentioned repeater and have it working with the Vera Edge ?

I have installed it and paired it successfully. I can see it uses the d_repeater.json, but the devices I wanted to extend to are not connecting and in ALTUI the Z-Wave Network Graph shows it as grey (unconnected), however the Vera UI does not show any conection data, not even when unplugging the device it doesn?t show the “Can?t Connect Device” red error.

To my novice eyes it looks like the device is simply not working… Any ideas ?

Hi kulfsson,

Aeotec ZW117 should work just fine with Vera. In fact it is one of the most common Z-wave extenders used with Vera.

Not sure how it’s handled by the Altui, but once plugged in, and included into Vera, it should automatically pick up the neighboring nodes. Further mapping of the neighbors list is done at nightly heal.

If device is plugged in, and in Vera’s range you could try to poll it, to see if it works and responds. This can be done from device Settings_>Advanced → Commands.

Can’t detect message will not pop up instantly but based on the device default polling interval, which for hardwired devices is usually 60 seconds.

And if you still have issues don;t hesitate to have Customer Care have a look at this as well.

I just bought one of these new Gen5 repeaters too, shows up as a urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:GenericIO:1 (D_GenericIO1.json)

using VeraEdge (1.7.2931)

Aeotec Range Extender 6, Z-Wave Plus repeater (ZW117)

not sure how to see if working though as the ALTUI graph no longer works due to the upgrade to the zwave chip :frowning:

Interesting. I just shot off a mail to Vera support, hoping for a solution.

But what do you mean with the Zwave chip upgrade ? Do you mean software or hardware ? I am running an Edge controller.

The attachment shows what I see in AltUI at the moment. My repeater is pionted at with a red arrow.

[quote=“kulfsson, post:4, topic:196425”]Interesting. I just shot off a mail to Vera support, hoping for a solution.

But what do you mean with the Zwave chip upgrade ? Do you mean software or hardware ? I am running an Edge controller.

The attachment shows what I see in AltUI at the moment. My repeater is pionted at with a red arrow.[/quote]

yes, the zwave chip released a update that removed heal, and that broke the ALTUI plugins zwave graph that was very nice to visually see what was connected to what, not sure what release it was, but it was pushed around march of last year if I remember correctly

I am referring to the “Network Quality” and “zWave Routes”

here is a link about

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33407.msg273597.html#msg273597

Ah. got ya. I have actually wondered why these options were empty. The only thing I can see in the zWave network overview on AltUI is the fact that my repeater is gray, which means no poll, so therefore I assume it is not working.

Whether that is right or wrong I cannot say, but if I put it in the place where I would have thought it would be able to bridge between devices I cannot reach those, even after a few hours.

I wonder how long it will take for those devices to react to the extender and connect through it ?

So here is an update. I have been working with the Vera support team and they added a parameter to the extender that now allows it to show up in AltUI but that is only cosmetic and has nothing to do with the workings.

The device works well now, but it seems that my initial thinking of having it “push” the signal to the new devices was wrong, as I only got it to work after moving it so it would “pull” from the controller, so in essence, further away from the controller. So it seems like it has a better receiver than transmitter ?

But it seems like it is doing it’s job now, however there is no visual way of knowing that, except for the devices are now connected.