Aeotec wallmote "quad"

Hey folks…

Trying to use the wallmote quad under openLuup without having to create scene on my veraplus…

Each button can do pressed once, twice, being held and release.
But under the openLuup log I only see when pressed once and also, only if I pressed another one before, so I can’t use that to trigger something when pressed button 1 once this morning and again later during the day, except if I pressed button 2, 3 or 4 between so openLuup can catch the button 1 again with the “new” value…

But still can’t use the other state of the button…

The only way I got in mind, it’s the use the variable container plugin under Vera and use it to write the state of each button and use it from openLuup after. To do that, I would need to create 4 scene per button per wallmote! :frowning:

AK, any idea ? :wink:

Hi, I just got my WallMote Quad, and paired it with one of my Vera controllers. I should have suspected that Vera would have configured it as a Scene controller, rather than as a Zone controller. The latter would be useful, the former is not. I’ll be trying to figure out how to change the configuration to make it a 4 zone controller.

Sorry, I completely missed your first post.

I’m not familiar with Zone Controllers, can you clarify the distinctions between them? Intrigued by you comment on theit utility.

brwill,

You can change them to be scene controller like I did. It will give you in Vera 4 buttons to launch scene or toggle a device

Ak,

It’s like a normal scene controller with 4 buttons. But this one, give you more than 4 buttons. Each buttons have multiple state like Press and hold. Swipe up. Swipe down. Tap.

https://aeotec.com/z-wave-wireless-switch

Hello,

I tried everything to use swipe up / swipe down but failed please help me to find the solution i already done huge installation.