Aeotec Multisensor 6 - Setup guide for newbies

Hi Guys,
totally new to smarthome / vera. Was hoping for ‘plug and play’ …big wake up very quickly :-(.

I got my fibaro single switch working in no time. Then I wanted to install Aeotec Multisensor 6 - - fully supported, widely used…thought that was going to be a breeze…Nope…forum is full of obscure things for a newbie to understand so I was hoping some generous mind would put an idiot’s guide here because many are facing the same pb: Multisensor appear with only 5 sensors and only returns values after a while / deleting / unpairing and what not. Even then light sensor is unresponsive and no motion sensor…No idea how to set a parameter either… We need a teacher pleeeeease?

Hi Charpin,

It seems you did the right thing. You’ve added the Multisensor 6 to Vera, and 5 different sensors show up. (Light, Humidity, UV, Movement, Temperature). There is another “Tamper” sensor which senses if the device has been tampered with (or if it shakes), this doesn’t show up.

Values should start to appear in a few minutes, and they update every few minutes (not instantly). This takes some time always. Also adding the new sensor can take about 5 minutes, just give it some time to process things and it should be working.

Can you confirm this works? What Vera are you using?

Take a look at this: Troubleshoot Multisensor 6 Sensors (Light, Humidity, Temperature, UV) : Aeotec Help Desk

This should help set expectations.

Hi Bruring,

Thks for clarifying. Using Vera Plus.
Sensors now returning values. Motion detector seems to work. Light sensor gives awfully low values though…just 17Lux in the hallway on a sunny day when we actually do not need the lights at all. Also seems to regularly have 0Lux as a value…

[quote=“HSD99, post:3, topic:199716”]Take a look at this: Troubleshoot Multisensor 6 Sensors (Light, Humidity, Temperature, UV) : Aeotec Help Desk

This should help set expectations.[/quote]

Yep been there. Thks for the link

[quote=“charpin, post:4, topic:199716”]Hi Bruring,

Thks for clarifying. Using Vera Plus.
Sensors now returning values. Motion detector seems to work. Light sensor gives awfully low values though…just 17Lux in the hallway on a sunny day when we actually do not need the lights at all. Also seems to regularly have 0Lux as a value…[/quote]

Look at the support sheet for the Multisensor 6 with the firmware you are running–many parameters can be adjusted and offset.

I’m also wondering about this. I have two and they are both showing 27 lux while my outdoor sensor reads 100% relative luminance (still not sure I understand that scale though)

I would change the parameters to change offsets.

If the light values stay really way too low you might have a defective unit? I get good reading on my 3 Multisensor’s - but don’t expect it to be 100% precise.

still experimenting with this at this point…lux reading still too low, motion detection ok. Trying to create group between multisensor and switch…I wish it was all more user-friendly!