Aeotec Multisensor 6 in 1 update firmware ( Aeon labs )

Someone know how update the firmware of this multisensor with Vera Edge?
In the Aeotec documentation they explain how do this with their USB dongle controler but there is a way do it with my vera? I try to connect directly the sensor on my laptop but the update utility of aeon labs don’t detect it this way… ???

I paste the procedure below:

To upgrade your MultiSensor 6 using a Z-Stick or any other general Z-Wave USB Adapter:

If your MultiSensor 6 is already part of a Z-Wave network, please remove it from that network. Your MultiSensor 6 manual touches on this and your Z-Wave gateway's / hub's user manual will provide more specific information. (skip to step 3 if it is part of a Z-Stick already)
Plug the Z‐Stick controller to the USB port of your PC host.
Download the firmware that corresponds to the version of your MultiSensor 6.

Warning: downloading and activating the wrong firmware will brick your MultiSensor and render it broken. Bricking is not covered by warranty.

Australia / New Zealand frequency - version 1.06
European Union version frequency - version 1.06
United States version frequency - version 1.06

Unzip the firmware ZIP file and change the name of ?MultiSensor_6_***.ex_? to ?MultiSensor_6_***.exe?.
Open the EXE file to load the user interface.
Click CATEGORIES and then select SETTINGS.

7.  A new window will pop up. Click the DETECT button if the USB port is not automatically listed.

8.  Select the ControllerStatic COM port or UZB, and then click OK.

9.  Click ADD NODE. Let the controller into inclusion mode. Short press the MultiSensor 6's ?Action Button?. At this stage, the MultiSensor 6              will be added to the Z-Stick's own Z-Wave network.

10. Highlight the Multisensor 6 (shows as "Sensor Multilevel" or select it based off the Node ID).

11. Select FIRMWARE UPDATE and then click UPDATE. The over-the-air firmware upgrade of your MultiSensor 6 will begin.

12. If the Multisensor 6 is battery powered, the firmware update may not initiate right away. just tap the button on the Multisensor 6 then the               update should begin.

13. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the firmware upgrade will be completed. A window will pop up with the status ?Successfully? to                                 confirm successful completion.

OK no reply… :-\

As part of new protocol Zwave Plus, these new device should support update of sensor OTA…
Someone know if OTA are supported by Verra? Or again no technical staf are present?

I don’t have a vera edge so I can’t help you but the topic has been discussed in another thread. From what I read you might need to purchase another piece of hardware in order to accomplish that.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32132.165.html

[quote=“alaska99, post:2, topic:189677”]OK no reply… :-\

As part of new protocol Zwave Plus, these new device should support update of sensor OTA…
Someone know if OTA are supported by Verra? Or again no technical staf are present?[/quote]

[quote=“alaska99, post:2, topic:189677”]OK no reply… :-\

Someone know if OTA are supported by Verra? Or again no technical staf are present?[/quote]

As stated before there is currently no way to update your sensor except for the instructions you already posted.

[b]To upgrade your MultiSensor 6 using a [u]Z-Stick[/u] or any other general [u]Z-Wave USB Adapter[/u]:[/b]

The VERA edge is not a Z-Stick or a Z-wave USB Adaptor like the z-stick.

Vera Edge is not 100% Zwave Plus compliant because this new protocol should support OTA update of it’s sensors… :frowning:

Can you link me to a hub that can do this update? Aeon themselves have issues with every hub and every new device they produce. No hub has worked with this sensors sout of the box and an update on their side is suposed but even that is not a fix.

You should contact aeon and ask why it doesnt work with any hub the way it should.

This is assumption is completely false and I think that you misunderstand what this over the air (OTA) update capabilityis all about.

Vera Edge, as with all other Z-Wave plus devices, uses a Sigma Designs 500 series Z-Wave chip. It is 100% Z-Wave Plus. However, in order for it to update you Aeon device’s firmware over the air, Aeon labs would need to provide the firmware update in a package that would be compatible with and run on Vera. This is something that Aeon does not do, at this time and is unlikely to do anytime soon.

At this time the only update method that Aeon labs provides is Windows based. It must be run on a Windows PC. Vera is not a Windows PC.

As you have read and pasted, Aeon labs provides a single method of updating their device. Aeon Labs provides detailed instructions about doing this. Those instructions do not include Vera or any other Z-Wave controller besides the Aeon labs Z-Stick on a Windows PC. This is the only option that Aeon Labs provides for updates. If you don’t like that, take it up with Aeon Labs.

Thank you for your explanations. :slight_smile: