Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 not working

Hi all,
I just buy a new Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 to integrate with my Vera Controller (1.7.4969 (7.31)) and when I pair the device it shows as two devices:

• GenericIO
  • MotionSensor

I have other Aeotec Door/Windows Sensor 6 that show up as DoorSensor.

I tried to edit the GenericIO and modified in vera to look like a DoorSensor but it doesn’t work. Also If I open the window, nothing changed on the Vera controller web page and I not able to notify when the window is open.

Anyone experience this?

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t have this particular device, but please confirm how you modified the parent device the Generic IO one ?

device_type = urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DoorSensor:1
device_file = D_DoorSensor1.xml
device_json = D_DoorSensor1.json
category_num = 4
subcategory_num = 1

If the parent device is still not working then as a door / window sensor and does not trip when you open the door / window and does not untrip when you close the door / window.

I would also modify the child device (Motion Sensor) the same to be a door sensor. Does that child device work and trip / untrip ?

1 Like

Many thanks cw-kid, following your instructions the parent is working. I did the same for the child device but it does not work adequately some time appear tripped some time not. I do not know what it is expected that the child must do/show.
Nevertheless with the parent device it is ok to me.
I using the digital entry of the device (changing parameter 1) and it is working well.

1 Like

It’s just a useless device. Hide it:

luup.attr_set("invisible", "1", id)

where id is the child ID.

1 Like

Yes do what @therealdb said, you add that code in to the Vera Startup LUA by the way. In Apps - Develop Apps - Edit Startup LUA.

This will hide the not needed child device from the GUI.

1 Like

Dear therealld and cw-kid, thank you for your support !.
Regards.

1 Like