AeoTec AerQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor

I purchased a AeoTec AerQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor. Has anyone been able to get it to work with the Vera Plus? I added it as a generic Zwave device and while it paired, it isn’t working. I read somewhere that someone added it as a Fibaro Double Switch 2 - FGS-223 but that didn’t work at all.

Hello,

That is in fact the case. The Aeotec AerQ has been known to work with Vera when included as a FGS-223 (which initiates unsecured pairing mode on Vera). Please try to add the device as an FGS-223 again after excluding and resetting the sensor.

I have had no luck setting up the Aeotec AerQ Temp & Humidity sensor as well. It is model # ZWA-039A

I tried inclusion as a Fibraro FGS-223 double switch and I keep getting the following error:

Z-Wave device 46 ERROR: Failed to setup security. Please exclude this device from your system, and then include again…Waiting for wakeup to configure device

Are there any ZWAVE temperature sensors that work out of the box? I’m tired of screwing around with this thing.

I tried to install the Aeotec AerQ Temp & Humidity sensor, model # ZWA-039A as a generic device. It shows up along with three child processes, Temp, humidity and motion. I’m not sure why motion is showing up.

In any case, the parent device just sits there with a red message saying PURGING ASSOCIATIONS.

I give up.

I’m just going to return this Aeotec thermometer to Amazon for a full and courteous refund. Not worth spending any more time with this thing.

Aeotec has great support. I was able to get them to pair. Although, the batteries didn’t last. This was frustrating since it was a remote location and I purchased 10 of them. I ended up replacing them with a different solution other than Zwave for this project.