Aeon Smart Switch 6 Power Monitoring Broken

Aeon Smart Switch 6 no longer displays current Watt Usage correctly

They must be in cahoots with each other. Mine just stopped reporting power use also.

I’ve been having this issue with the last 2 firmware updates.

Aeotec 5 and 6’s (8 in total). Stop reporting power update. If I “configure device now” they start working again, for a while.

Same issue that the Aoetec HEM has had for years now.

Did you find the fix? if not let me know and I can post fix.

Post away!

Under “Device Options” > “Add Configuration settings” this will as a blank configuration line > In the “Variable” box put “90” > In the “Data Size” box us the drop and use “1 byte dec” > In the “Desired Value” box put “1” > and most importantly click on “Cave Changes”. Then back out to the dashboard and you should see the blue bar come across the top of the screen updating the Z-wave configuration and you should start seeing the wattage.

Ok, that’s shrinking the delta size. My devices report every 30 or 60 seconds regardless. I did find another solution to my problem, make sure the polling interval for the device is not set to 0. 60 seconds is probably good.

Details on parameters for how I set my switches up are here: https://www.livehouseautomation.com.au/blogs/news/save-money-on-standby-power-with-vera-home-automation