Aeon Labs Micro Dimmer alternative

I have a Aeon Labs micro dimmer that keeps giving me issues. it works just fine when it is not paired with Vera, but when paired it goes into a cycle of ramping up and ramping down forever. Been working with MVC support for a while now and they think the switch may be flaky. They have asked me to replace it (kind of a giant pain in the rear, but…) so i am going to do that. i wanted to see if there were any other alternatives to the Aeon Labs dimmer just to try something different.

It may well be a bad dimmer. But it may also be that the switch type is misconfigured. If you have the Aeon dimmer configured to use a momentary switch, but have connected a bistable flip flop switch to it, you could see the sort of behavior that you describe.

See the manual about the button sequence on the dimmer for toggling the switch type.

There’s also a parameter that can be used to change it. I think it’s 120, but I can’t find documentation to support that at the moment.
Parameter: 120
Data Type: 1 byte dec
Default value: 1 (flip flop)
Possible Value: 0 (momentary switch) 1 (flip flop)

As above for Series 2, http://www.vesternet.com/downloads/dl/file/id/432/product/769/z_wave_aeon_labs_micro_smart_energy_illuminator_engineering_specification.pdf

For Series 1, do a configure now.

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:2, topic:191455”]It may well be a bad dimmer. But it may also be that the switch type is misconfigured. If you have the Aeon dimmer configured to use a momentary switch, but have connected a bistable flip flop switch to it, you could see the sort of behavior that you describe.

See the manual about the button sequence on the dimmer for toggling the switch type.

There’s also a parameter that can be used to change it. I think it’s 120, but I can’t find documentation to support that at the moment.
Parameter: 120
Data Type: 1 byte dec
Default value: 1 (flip flop)
Possible Value: 0 (momentary switch) 1 (flip flop)[/quote]

I think i have it configured correctly. i have the following parameters configured:

Parameter 120:    1  (1 byte dec)   -  Two way switch mode
Parameter 80:      1  (1 byte dec)   -  Send notifications
Parameter 3:        1  (1 byte dec)  -   Overload Protection

The switch is really connected to a 3 way circuit and the manual says to use a value of 2 in parameter 120 for that:

Turn external button mode (0:Momentary button mode, 1:2 state switch mode, 2:3 way switch mode, 255: Unidentified mode, Other: ignore).

Problem is that i cannot get it to accept a value of 2 no matter what variable type i use. any time i change that value to anything other than 0 or 1 i get a “Failed at: Setting user configuration…” message for that device.

[quote=“Brientim, post:3, topic:191455”]As above for Series 2, http://www.vesternet.com/downloads/dl/file/id/432/product/769/z_wave_aeon_labs_micro_smart_energy_illuminator_engineering_specification.pdf

For Series 1, do a configure now.[/quote]

Hi Brientim, not sure what you mean by do a configure now?

Go to the Advanced Tab > Command and click on Configure now.