Aeon Labs door/window sensors not untripping

I have several Aeon Labs door/window contact sensors that have been working like a champ for quite some time now. Recently I have noticed that once they trip, they won’t un-trip. I assumed it was a battery issue, so I replaced the batteries in all of them–then woke each one up and re-configured them. The problem still persists.

I did a network heal around 6 weeks ago. That’s the only thing I can think of that might have caused issues. Has anybody ever dealt with this before? Any advice on how to get the units to behave?

I have the same problem with my Philo tech PSM02

I made a small workaround for this but it is not a sollution, atfter 3 min i reset the sensor with some luup code

[code]function resettrip()
luup.variable_set(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1”, “Tripped”, “0”, 53)
end

luup.call_timer("resettrip", 1, "3m", "", "")

[/code]

[quote=“basd82, post:2, topic:184895”]I have the same problem with my Philo tech PSM02

I made a small workaround for this but it is not a sollution, atfter 3 min i reset the sensor with some luup code

[code]function resettrip()
luup.variable_set(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1”, “Tripped”, “0”, 53)
end

luup.call_timer("resettrip", 1, "3m", "", "")

[/code][/quote]

Thanks @basd82 but that won’t work for me as I have logic that depends on an accurate state. e.g. turning off HVAC if a window is open or warning me if the house is empty but garage door is open…

I did a network heal around 6 weeks ago. That's the only thing I can think of that might have caused issues. Has anybody ever dealt with this before? Any advice on how to get the units to behave?

I would be inclined to exclude and re-include one of them to see if that fixes the problem.

Do you get any errors during a reload of the luup engine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote=“Grwebster, post:5, topic:184895”]Do you get any errors during a reload of the luup engine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

good question. the amount of barf pumped into the log on restart is enormous. is there a reliable way to capture a reboot so that I can peruse it after the fact?

A simple check is to watch the status during the restart of the luup engine after saving a scene. Any error will show…

[quote=“Grwebster, post:7, topic:184895”]A simple check is to watch the status during the restart of the luup engine after saving a scene. Any error will show…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

oh duh. of course. :slight_smile:

No, no errors show up. I honestly wonder if it’s just a routing issue. when I pulled one off its mount to test, it started behaving correctly. When I placed it back and tested again, it quit registering state changes again.

Battery operated devices don’t pass messages for the rest of the mesh network, but do they use neighbors to route state changes to the controller? Should I be considering doing a network heal?

Are your sensors on metal? Are you using the small ones with the two button batteries. Of the two I got, only one worked well…

I reported the same problem with my philotec motion sensor.

and i got this response:

Hi Bas, I?m sorry about that. I managed to reproduce your issue and I reported it to my colleagues from the development team to fix it. Thank you.

so the problem is know and wil be fix the only question is when