Aeon HEM Creating Ghost Sensors in it's Group

THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED AND THE THREAD IS NOW LOCKED! SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM POST TO FIND SOLUTION.

Hello fellow automators!

I’m new to the Home Automation World, and am just getting acquainted with my Vera Edge.

I have an Aeon HEM on my z-wave network, as well as a new Linear dimmer switch. Just today I noticed quite an annoying bug. My Aeon HEM seems to be making “ghost” sensors in it’s group or “room”. All of which have the same name (_GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor).
They each claim to be a generic level sensor of sorts, and the only evidence I have that leads me to believe that my HEM is creating the devices is the device ID. My HEM is device #3 while the new ghost sensors have a parent_ID of 3.

These sensors are particularly frustrating because they just come back after deleting them. Or they simply don’t get deleted in the first place. Not only that, but there’s a lot. Ten in total.

Anyone else experience this problem? Really frustrated here. I am capable of SSHing to the box to mofify files if necessary. I just want them gone.

Thanks.

I was having the same issue, I found this thread and it worked for me.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,37900.msg283606.html#msg283606

[quote=“geeman, post:2, topic:192646”]I was having the same issue, I found this thread and it worked for me.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,37900.msg283606.html#msg283606[/quote]

Thank you! This thread helped me solve the issue.

For those who may have stumbled upon this thread lo.oking for an answer, I will put the basics here, however you should read up on the thread above as it goes very in-depth as to REALLY configure your HEM for ultimate accuracy.

To remove the “Ghost” devices you must open one of the devices, open the advanced tab, and change the variable “parent_ID” to 1. Click anywhere on the page to send the change command. Press the back button, and click the delete device button. The Vera will now think that this device is a main device instead of a child device. You will get a window asking to delete, cancel, or unpair. Press delete and wait 1 minute as the Vera reboots. Then you should be able to navigate to your dashboard, and viola! Sensor gone!

Something to note about this method is that its VERY tedious. I couldnt find myself spending 2 minutes per sensor to delete them all in one sitting, so I simply deleted one each time I logged into my dashboard. It took about a week to delete all of my ghost sensors. I also was unable to delete my sensor named “Generic_IO” so I used some luup code found on the thread above to remove it. I simply opened the advanced tab of the sensor, found the deviceID and used this code in the app development section of the Vera dashboard.

luup.attr_set("invisible", "1", 46)

In my case, my device ID was 46. Yours may be different. After successful upload, all of my ghost sensors were gone!